Chapter 73

.

When we get home, I take myself into the garden for a cigarette. Summer follows along too, needing to toilet. Sam knows I need the time alone and lets me be. I make a vow in my head to wait another half hour until I go for my bath so that the temptation to purge has passed by then and I don't end up screwing everything up. My stomach feels less agitated now and the nausea and bloating has settled down to a simply full feeling. When I go inside, Sam is smiling at me.

"So, I've spoken so Jimmy and Jack and though it took a bit of convincing, we've agreed to a plan. We're okay with leaving you here under some conditions. We'll be leaving at 8.15 to get to an 8.30 viewing however Jimmy will be coming back at 9.30. Jimmy is also going to call you at 9pm to check in. If you don't answer the phone, he will come back here. Does that sound okay?" I nod with a smile.

"Yes, yes that's definitely okay! I promise I won't ruin this. Thank you so much!" I cannot believe this! I'm really being trusted!!! For a whole hour!!! I want to scream with excitement but I don't. I just hug Sam instead. He hugs me back, laughing.

"Alright, alright! We're not going to Disneyland, Ev!" I laugh.

"I know, I know. It's just huge!" He nods with a smile.

"You're right there, it is. And I'm proud of you for getting to this point where we can trust you. So, what's your plan for now?" He asks.

"I'm going to go for a walk with Summer now and then go to the shop. We'll be back by about 5 or half 5 and I'll bring my phone," Sam nods.

"Alright, see you in an hour or two then, be safe!" I nod, calling Summer over to the room with me. I grab my phone, keys, my purse, a bottle of water and a ball on a stick for Summer, putting everything into my bag. I also take my wheelchair which Sam brought into the hallway for me when we get home. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I leave Summer out of her vest since we're going to play, not work however I put her lead in the bag just in case we need it. I call out goodbye to Sam who says goodbye back before leaving. Summer pads along happily ahead of me, turning her head back to check on me every now and then. We're at the park within 10 minutes and once we're settled on a nice area of grass, I give her to command to run free and she's off!

It's hard to keep my eyes on her, she's just a golden blob darting around the field. Every time she runs past me, I laugh at her ears and tongue flying everywhere. She finally chills out after about 5 minutes and rushes back to me, panting. I pour her some water and she laps it up happily before rushing off again. I take out her ball on a stick and throw it for her for a while, smiling as she darts around and filming some videos of her too. She's so happy, it's beautiful to see. I play with her for a while more until she's panting and lays down at my side. I'm laughing as I fall back down onto the grass beside her. Even in her tiredness, she catches an alert for a POTS episode. I sigh, propping my feet up on my chair and Summer falls into DPT position. I pass out.

Once I'm conscious again, I stay laying for a little while, stroking Summer until I feel my mind slowly coming back to me. I reluctantly sit up. I need to go get baking bits and get home. Once I'm settled in my chair, I give myself a moment to breathe whilst I check my phone. Sam has messaged asking how I'm doing. I know he's just checking to make sure I'm safe so I'm not angry.

E: Just leaving park and going shop, back soon X

S: Alright see you soon X

He replies almost instantly. Guess he really was worried. With a sigh, I put my phone away and call Summer to heel as I begin wheeling myself back onto the path and out of the park. A 10 minute journey and we make it to the shop. I head inside, grab a basket and set it on my lap then head straight to the baking aisle where I slowly stand myself up on shaky legs after my fainting episode and begin to grab everything I need and load it into the basket which is sat on my wheelchair. Flour, caster sugar, brown muscavado sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. I then sit back down in my chair and make my way to the fridge where I grab butter and a bag of Bramley apples and a tray of blackberries from the fruit aisle next to it. I head around the rest of the shop making sure to grab everything else on my mental list. Vanilla ice cream, double cream, custard and some trek protein bars for myself since they're on offer. I slow down as I wheel past the alcohol aisle, staring down it for a moment longingly however I snap my gaze away and persist to the tills where I pay for my items plus another pack of cigarettes. Sorted.