Chapter 33

Authors Note

I made a picrew of how I imagine Everleigh to look! Enjoy the chapter :)

Once I'm settled in my wheelchair, I open the back passenger door of the car and let Summer out. She sits at my side whilst I grab our bags, hanging them around the handles of my chair. I quickly clip on my waist harness and attach Summer's leash to it before quickly putting her vest on and clipping her to me. We lock the car up and head into the clinic where we take the lift upstairs and check in with the receptionist. She tells us to take a seat in the waiting area.

"Are you okay bub?" Jimmy asks, resting his hand on mine.

"Yeah, just stressed but I'm fine," I say. In fact, I'm more than stressed. I'm angry at myself for lying and hiding my lunch, I feel guilty and sick at myself. I'm meant to be getting better... I'm also scared for weigh in, what if they see that I've still been dieting? I mean, I'm doing much better than before but I'm still not doing great...

"Everleigh? You ready to come on in?" I look up and see Dr Moore smiling at me from across the room. I nod, clicking my tongue to get Summer to stand up.

"Am I coming in... or...?" Jimmy asks awkwardly.

"If we can see Everleigh alone first and then call you in after, that would be fab! Is that okay with you both?" I nod at my doctor and she nods back, her blonde curls bouncing with the motion.

"I'll see you soon babe," I say and kiss Jimmy on the cheek before following Dr Moore down the hall with Summer by my side. We go into the second room on the right and my doctor sits at her desk, putting down her clipboard and turning to look at me.

"So, how are you today, Everleigh?" She asks. I put on a smile.

"I'm good thanks, you?" She responds with 'great' whilst logging onto her computer.

"Alright so, the first thing I'm going to need to do is ask some questions. First is, have you been following your meal plan still?" I look down at my hands.

"Yeah..." She doesn't look very convinced but thankfully, she doesn't confront it.

"Okay, great. How about the self harm? How has that been?" I smile a bit at this one.

"I've not cut since the day I got discharged!" She nods.

"How about any other forms of self harm? Headbanging, binge drinking, burning or anything else like that?" I jolt in my seat and Summer looks up at me. I stroke her ears, avoiding eye contact with the doctor.

"I mean... I drink sometimes but no one knows and it's not really self harm, it's just sometimes... I'm young! Lots of young adults drink sometimes, right?" I stutter through my sentence.

"Providing it isn't out of control and is easily managed, it's okay. Do you think it's in control and managed well?" I think about it for a moment. I think of the empty vodka, whiskey and malibu bottles gathered in my suitcase. I think of how as soon as Jimmy hops in his morning bath and Jack and Sam are at work on a Wednesday, I rush outside and empty all of the bottles into the bins so the binmen would empty them before anyone else could come home and see.

"Yeah, it's in control. It's all good!" I smile gently at Moore.

"That's great! How's things with your medication going? Remind me what doses you're on right now if you remember?" I nod.

"Okay so, 200mg quetiapine in the morning, 250mg in the afternoon with 100mg promethazine and then 45mg mirtazipine and 2mg lorazepam at night. Plus, 50mg promethazine at lunchtime to help with the anxiety and I have my physical health medications too," my doctor nods.