Chapter 90

When I wake up the next morning, it takes me a moment to recollect my surroundings. It's so strange waking up in a completely new house and a completely different bedroom. Jimmy and Summer are still fast asleep, laying on either side of me. When I check my phone, it's 8.00am. I roll over and gently shake Jimmy awake.

"Come on, up you get. You've got work," I gently prompt him. He lays in silence for a moment before rolling over and gently kissing my lips.

"Go on, up you get," I nudge him again and he sighs, sitting up.

"Alright, alright. I'm up. I'm gonna go shower," he stands up, stretching.

"Alright, I'm going to get dressed and go get some breakfast ready." He nods, kissing me again before grabbing some clothes and a towel and heading into the bathroom. I head downstairs and pull out some cereal from the cupboard and milk from the fridge along with a carton of orange juice. I put it all on the table before getting two new bowls out of their boxes and giving them a rinse in the sink. I do the same with two cups and two spoons before grabbing myself a banana from the pile of fruit on the side. Guess we forgot a fruit bowl. I sit down at the table and pour myself some frosted flakes then some cool milk on top. I begin to eat them. Once I finish my bowl, I put Summer out her breakfast who is patiently waiting by her bowl. I return to the table and pour myself some orange juice, sipping it as I begin eating my banana. By the time I've finished that and am putting the peel in the bin and my used cup and bowl into the sink, Jimmy is downstairs and begins making himself some breakfast.

"Are you fully booked today?" I ask. He nods, a mouth full of frosted flakes.

"Yeah I've got a full day session today. Starting on one of our regular's back pieces. He's getting a full space themed back, I'll show you the photos once it's done. He always lets us take photos of his tats to put on our Facebook anyway," I smile.

"Sucks that I can't get tattoos for another seven or eight months" I roll my eyes. Jimmy laughs.

"You'll be back at it in no time. I'll do the baby's first tattoo once they're eighteen too!" His face lights up in excitement. I can tell how much he's looking forward to this, it makes me excited too. I know he'll be such a great dad, I just hope I'll be as good of a mum.  I begin washing up the dishes in the sink.

"What are you going to do today?" He asks, finishing his cereal and grabbing an apple.

"I'll probably start unpacking some bits. I've also got my body anatomy course to do too so I'll start on that. Then I've got to look into places to do my apprenticeship for practical learning so I'll send off applications," Jimmy nods.

"Make sure to rest, don't do too much unpacking and avoid anything too heavy, okay? No stressing!" He insists. I smile.

"I know, I know. I'll just do the kitchen and the bedroom. That's just taking stuff out of boxes and putting it away, nothing too much," I reassure him.

"Alright, that's good. Well, I've got to go! Are you okay to clean my dishes?" He asks, standing up. I nod and he places them into the sink, kissing me on the forehead before heading into the hallway to put his shoes on.

"Have a good day, love you! Bye!" I call out.

"You too! I love you!" He yells back before heading out. The door shuts and I'm alone. I finish the washing up in silence and begin organising the kitchen, setting up the toaster, kettle and microwave before putting away the cutlery, dishes, cups, pots and pans. I wipe down all of the sides and table before drying off the dishes from breakfast and putting them into the cupboards too. Once that's finished, I head upstairs. Before I begin putting everything away, I look down at the ultrasounds. I begin taking photos of them all before texting them over to Sam and Jack. It takes a minute before Sam calls me up and I hear Jack and Maya talking in the background. They're driving to work.