Chapter 82

By 5.30pm, we are finished, exhausted as we lay in bed together. My head rests on Jimmy's bare chest, our legs tangled under the sheets as we lay together happily.

"I love you," I whisper, kissing him gently.

"I love you too," he says, his hand gently rubbing up and down my back.

"I need a shower now, I'm all sweaty," I laugh, gently kissing his chest before slowly sitting up.

"I'll clean up down here whilst you go wash, okay?" He asks. I nod and stand up, grabbing a towel and some clean pyjamas out of my drawer. And heading upstairs. I shut the bathroom door and turn on the shower. As I wait for it to warm up, I pee. We haven't had an afternoon like that in a long time, that was the best. I hop into the shower and begin washing. I spend a good while sitting on the shower chair under the hot water too, despite the fact it makes me so lightheaded. It just feels so nice to relax and let the water run over me. Once I'm finally satisfied and clean, I get out of the shower and get dressed into my clean pyjamas. I grab my dirty laundry and head downstairs, throwing it into the wash basket. I look into our bedroom where Jimmy is now dressed and is putting the last of the new pillowcases on our bed.

"I'm going to put a wash on to clean the clothes in the basket and the sheets. You go and chill in the living room, I'll be in there when I'm done, okay?" I nod and smile at him before going and sitting on the sofa. Summer comes over and lays beside me. I put Grey's Anatomy on the TV until Jimmy comes and joins me. He cuddles up on the other side of me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Sam and Jack will be back soon, should we get the stuff ready for dinner?" I ask. Jimmy nods.

"Alright, I'll wash the veg. You put the steak out to come down to room temperature," I nod and follow him into the kitchen.

"Hey," I say. He looks over. "Do you think we should maybe look at getting our own place?" I ask. He stops what he's doing.

"Sure, do you think that's something you're ready for?" He looks curious but slightly concerned. I nod.

"I think it's time, yeah. I mean, things are good and have been for a while now. I think maybe if we got somewhere close to here, that would be good so we still have Sam and Jack nearby but get our own space. I think we need it, it gets busy here and though I love it, we are adults and in our twenties now. We can't keep kicking them out to get alone time and it would help to get ourselves into a routine of our own." Jimmy nods, sitting down at the table with me.

"That's true, it would definitely be nice. How do you think you'd manage during the day, you can't work yet so you'd probably be alone whilst I'm away. That's from 9am to 5pm from Tuesdays to Fridays so it is quite a lot," I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, that's true. But I think I'm ready to start something small. I was thinking I could do a piercing course and eventually get a job as a piercer once I'm qualified. There's a couple of places in town I could look into as well so I could join you in the car to get there since I'm not able to drive with my health issues. The courses would keep me busy until I get a job since I'll have to do my first aid, general piercing, apprenticeship work in shops and then the APP course too. I think that it would be nice. What do you think?" Jimmy smiles and nods as I speak.

"I think that sound perfect. When do you want to start looking?" He asks.

"Well... Now? I mean, you've finished with the veg cleaning right?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yeah, it's all done. Tell you what, you wait there and I'll grab my laptop. Let's figure some stuff out," I smile extitedly. I feel like it's time. I'm doing really well and I'm ready to move, I think it'll also be the key to keeping my recovery going smoothly. Sure, it'll be a bit difficult but I can work through it when it's hard and reach out for help when I need it.