Chapter 81

.

By the time I get to the tattoo shop, Jimmy is already outside waiting for me. I smile and wave as I walk up to him.

"Hey! How was shopping, get anything good?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah, I got some jeans, leggings, tripp pants, a couple of t-shirts and some underwear. Also got a fancy lingerie set, maybe you'll get to see it tonight if you're lucky," I smirk at him, leaning in for a kiss. Once we break apart from our embrace, he tries sneakily peeking into the bags.

"Hey, it's a surprise for later!" I tease him. He groans with frustration.

"Fine... What else did you get then? You went to boots?" I smile and nod, we begin walking as I tell him what else I got.

"Some makeup, nail polish and more shampoo and conditioner. I also took Summer into the pet shop and she chose a toy and two treats. How's work been so far?" I ask him curiously.

"It's been alright, I had a two hour session this morning and an hour and a half session that finished not long before you got here. The two hour session was filling in this guy's sleeve with some gap fillers and the other session was three friends getting some fairly small matching tattoos. I haven't got anything booked for this afternoon though so if no one else has booked in when I get back after lunch, it'll just be waiting for walk ins unless you want something done?" He asks me curiously. He knows that I can never pass on a new tattoo.

"Hmm... I'll have to think about it over lunch. I'm sure I can get something. What's the family discount there again?"

"Normally 30% off but since it's you they'll probably give you 50% anyway. You know they love you in there and besides, I decide my rates within reason anyway. That okay?" I nod with a big smile.

"That sounds absolutely perfect! So, where are we getting lunch?" I look around as we've walked past a good few restaurants by now.

"I was thinking that nice Italian place around the corner if you fancy that?" He glances over at me, pointing ahead.

"Yeah, that sounds good!" I say as we turn the corner. I can see the restaurant now. It's actually pretty nice, proper authentic Italian too as the owners and staff are all Italian and family members from their Nonna who works on the till and cleans up to her son and his wife who are chefs even to their grandkids who are in their late teens and are the servers, one of which has her own son who will sometimes come in and play his games behind the bar when he's not in school.

Once we arrive at the restaurant and are seated, we begin having a look at the menu. Summer lays by my feet under the table and I have a look at what's on the specials board today. They have a great looking pork ragù polenta on the board so I decide to get that. Jimmy chooses his favourite, classic carbonara. We get a side of garlic rosemary olive focaccia. For drinks I reluctantly get a pepsi max, same as Jimmy. I wish I could get some wine however I've been told that avoiding alcohol completely is best for my sobriety now. I'm five months sober now so I guess it's best I stick to that.

"Decided what you want for your tattoo yet?" Jimmy asks just as our food arrives. I pick up my fork and scoop up my first bite of polenta, thinking for a moment.

"I think I might get a medium piece, maybe a snake design with some roses and a skull. You remember I did that drawing a little while back? I still have the photo on my phone, maybe that." I say, taking a bite of my food. It's delicious, I bet this food could single handedly cure my anorexia if I could have it every day. Jimmy nods, slurping up the strings of pasta from his bite of carbonara.

"Yeah, that sounds good! Where do you want it and how big in inches?" I think for a moment.

"Back of my calf, maybe from above the achilles area to just below the knee. Probably about 7 inches by four?" He nods, thinking as he chews.