Chapter 79

Six Months Later

*BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.*

I groan, rolling over in bed and nudging Jimmy.

"Shut your alarm up, Jim," I growl, throwing the blanket over my head.

"Sorry... Work... Ugh I don't want to go," Jimmy whines.

"Sucks to be you," I bluntly respond. "Go on, off you fuck,"

"Oi, rude," I feel the bed move and the springs creak under me. I guess he's getting up...

"OW! YOU BASTARD!" I call out before laughing as Jimmy flops on top of me and begins gently biting my neck.

"Sucks to be you!" He retorts. I groan.

"Fuck youuuu!" I grumble before pushing him off of me and sitting up.

"Come on, let's have breakfast together before work. I'll make something nice!" He says, standing up and pulling a shirt over his head.

"Fine... But put some underwear on, it's too early to be staring at your bare arse," I say, giving him a look. I slowly sit up, rubbing the sleep off of my face. With a heavy yawn and stretch, I stand up slowly. Despite my careful efforts, the dizziness hits me and my heart rate spikes causing Summer to jump off of the bed and lean against the front of my legs to stabilise me. I gently stroke her head, taking a few deep breaths until my vision returns to normal and slowly begin searching for some clothes for myself. I go through about 5 pairs of leggings trying to find a pair that actually fit me. I stand there for a moment, uncomfortable as tears fill my eyes. I've gained so much weight... But... It's good weight, right? Surely?

Jimmy must see me freeze up because he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Hey, what's up?" He whispers into my ear, kissing my cheek gently.

"None of my leggings fit me anymore," I say quietly, forcing back my tears.

"That's okay, Baby. We can get more. Clothes are just fabric, it doesn't matter," he says gently, holding me closer and rubbing his cheek against mine.

"I've gained so much weight, Jimmy. How do you still love me like... This?" I don't even understand how he can want to hold me like this.

"Everleigh, I love every single inch of you. More weight means nothing to me. I know it seems like a lot, it's a big change but you know what? You're finally getting healthy. You're reparing your relationship with food and exercise and you're recovering. That is beautiful. Food is fuel and a number on the scales or a tag on your clothing has absolutely nothing to do with your worth and beauty, it's all meaningless. You want to know what matters to me? You being here, alive, with me. You becoming healthy. You are beautiful, I love every single part of you but what I love the most is who you are inside. That's my Everleigh, okay?" I lean back into him silently as he speaks. Normally those words would've meant absolutely nothing to me, nothing at all however I remember my therapy work on self acceptance and accepting compliments and praise from others and take a deep breath before responding.

"It's okay? Right? It's okay... Thank you. I love you, I love you more than anything, you are my world, Jimmy." I turn around and lean in, planting my lips gently on his. We kiss for a short while until finally, he pulls away.

"Come on, let's get ready and have breakfast, okay?" He says softly and I nod.

"Okay," I say and search through my drawers until I find a pair of shorts. I slip them on and they fit. Relief.

"Tell you what, why don't you come into town with me when I go to work and you can shop for some new clothes whilst I work. We can meet up on my lunch break and grab a meal out, how's that sound?" I smile extitedly.