Chapter 99

"Wow——Sister Xiaolan's craftsmanship is really amazing! It doesn't look like it was broken just now!"

Yoshida Ayumi watched the broken suspenders of her skirt being sewn up by Mo Lilan. The repaired position was exactly the same as the intact part next to it, and there was no trace of damage at all.

"I just repaired it briefly." Mao Lilan got up and put away the sewing kit again.

A quarter of an hour ago, she saw these children downstairs in her detective agency, hiding behind a telephone pole. How could the small telephone pole block the three people, Mao Lilan saw them looking towards the detective agency immediately, so he took the initiative to say hello.

"Ara, are you here to find Conan-kun?"

Mitsuhiko immediately said: "No, it's not... I just happened to pass by here."

Mao Lilan only gave a smile to this far-fetched statement.

Elementary school students also have their own secrets and self-esteem that they don't want to be exposed by others. Although I don't know what these children are doing here, let's follow their words.

Just when Mao Lilan wanted to tell them to pay attention to safety and go home early, the straps on Ayumi Yoshida's suspender skirt broke.

So she invited these children to come up and help her mend the clothes by the way.

Mao Lilan asked: "Do you want to have some snacks here and wait for Conan-kun to come back? Speaking of which, are you going to hang out with Conan-kun? How about I give him a call."

Mitsuhiko and Ayumi looked at each other, "Well..."

Mao Lilan squatted down, looked at the children at the same level, and asked gently: "What's wrong?"

Mitsuhiko struggled mentally for a while, but still felt that he should confess, "Sister Lan, it's actually like this... Conan-kun has been mysterious recently, and he doesn't participate in the activities of the Boy Detective Team, as if he was looking for something alone..."

Mao Lilan: "Huh?"

Yuan Tai showed half-moon eyes, "Because, it really makes people care! If Conan secretly leaves us alone to investigate a super case, wouldn't we have no chance to appear on the stage at all! So..."

Edogawa Conan pushed the door open and filled in the Empress Dowager Yuan's half-sentence: "——so I followed me here secretly."

Yuantai who was caught: "Yes, yes."

Conan sighed, "...You guys."

After a second of cowardice, Mrs. Yuan became confident again: "Who told you to hide from us and skip the activities of the Detective Boys and run away alone! If Conan is not here, Huiyuan will not come back."

Mitsuhiko and Ayumi agreed, "It's just—"

Conan: "..." Do you want me or Haibara?

Yuan Tai ran to the door and blocked Conan's way out. He opened his arms and said, "If you don't tell us what you did, I won't let you go!"

Conan not only has to face the fiery eyes of several children, but also faces the eyes of Mao Lilan who is quite curious about what happened.

It's just that he went to investigate, and the fewer people who know about it, the better.

Conan put on the childish tone of a child, and said: "...I just went to help the old lady in the cigarette shop find her runaway kitten."

Yuan Tai stared at him, "Really?"