Chapter 11

The black protector...?

Looking down at his coat, Yu Shuilian thought that this could be talking about me, right?

Among the NPCs he played before, there was a little boy who was only as tall as his waist now. The boy had a very cute and docile puppy. At that time, Yushui Lian didn't know what the puppy's name was, so the system let him take one.

Yu Shuilian was actually quite embarrassed. After looking around, he discussed with the supervision system, "...then Xiao Huang."

System: "Because it's yellow?"

Yu Shuilian: "...otherwise?"

Back to the present, he inexplicably has the feeling of tit for tat—the naming level of this mission system is almost as perfunctory as his.

Later, the little boy he played was buried in the fire, and I don't know what happened to Xiao Huang and whether he escaped...

He vaguely remembered hearing a fierce dog barking before he closed his eyes and waited for the end of death.

"Xiao Huang is so smart, he knows that being burned will hurt, so he should be able to escape wittyly?" he thought to himself.

He glanced at the task box again, it showed that there were still three minutes to start.

Just as Yu Shuilian was thinking about how to deal with the next task, a female voice interrupted him.

"that--"

The glass door at the entrance was suddenly opened, revealing a beautiful face of a young woman. The other party has a pair of innocent drooping eyes, and the light brown hair is more friendly, and there is a sign on the chest that says [Shop Manager: Aichuan].

"I saw you standing here just now..." Aikawa Sachiko's tone was very soft, reminiscent of the teacher who was the best at coaxing children in the kindergarten, "I want to come in and see... ah!"

A pure white shadow jumped out from Aikawa Sachiko's feet, and Yushui quickly bent down and caught it.

The boy's hand held a fluffy object that was still steaming, and as he straightened his gaze, a kitten with sapphire eyes came into view.

...It was the cat in the shop that ran out while the door was opening.

Yu Shuilian supported the kitten's waist, a little at a loss.

The life of all things in the world is so fragile, and now that such a soft little life is in his hands, he is afraid that he will not be able to control his strength.

Seeing his embarrassment, Aikawa Sachiko smiled lightly and stretched out her hand to signal that he could put the child in her arms. Yushui Lian breathed a sigh of relief and handed the kitten over. Locked on Yu Shuilian's body innocently, she even let out a soft "meow".

...So soft, so cute.

The boy was about to write the words "I want it too" on his face, and Sachiko Aikawa brought up the topic just now again: "Would you like to come in and take a look?"

Yu Shuilian restrained the urge to push the door in, said: "...I want to tell my companion."

"Huh?" Sachiko Aikawa looked at him, obviously there was no one else here?

The boy nodded slightly at her, then turned and walked into the alley next to him, and walked over expectantly a few seconds later.

As if he couldn't believe it, he asked again: "...can I really come in?"

Aikawa Sachiko returned a conciliatory smile, "Of course, didn't you help me stop this naughty little guy just now?"

"...Then thank you, I'm coming in."