Chapter 88

The rain fell like a belt.

Yu Shuilian stepped on the rainwater to search for clues along the way, his trousers were already wet by the rain, and his feet felt a little cool.

In the distance, on the open-air stairs of an old building that should have been empty, a girl in a black-haired skirt was walking up while holding the handle.

Her footsteps were a little unsteady, her head was bowed, and she looked not very energetic.

Yu Shui Lian narrowed his eyes in the rain.

——That girl is Mao Lilan.

Seeing the girl walking higher and higher, he also rushed towards the building.

Mao Lilan was fainted from a cold, and she was so weak now that she couldn't even turn around backwards, or hold the stairs to look down. Just as she staggered and hurriedly put her hands on the armrest, a figure rushing downward appeared at the corner in front of her.

Silver-haired, Asian male—

Mao Lilan's pupils shrank suddenly.

It's that murderer!

Kudo Shinichi's shout suddenly sounded in front: "—Lan! Run away!"

He and Lan were separated by two floors. Even if Lan was reminded loudly to run away, she would be forced to face that silver-haired murderer face to face! Kudo Shinichi jumped down from upstairs at the fastest pace, three steps and two steps in parallel.

Belmode held the place on her waist where Akai Hideichi hit her with one hand. Her hand was already stained scarlet with blood, and even the strength to escape was squeezed out. Originally, she just wanted to get rid of the boy upstairs. Unexpectedly, another witness came from below.

... Is there Kiko's son and his childhood sweetheart?

Don't want to do it, but now is not the time to think about it.

Belmode raised his gun and aimed at the girl——

"If you want to blame, blame God who arranged such a tragic ending for you."

=

Yu Shui Lian, who was four floors away from them, accelerated even more, with a sweet smell in his throat.

Suddenly, Yu Shui Lian heard the sound of metal falling.

He looked out suddenly, only to see that half of Belmode's body had fallen outside!

Then, Belmode was rescued by Kudo Shinichi and the others.

Yu Shuilian held her breath, stepped on the rusty stairs, walked up the stairs lightly, and hid behind the pillars on the floor.

He slowed down his breathing and waited for an unknown how long. After seeing Kudo Shinichi leaving with Mao Lilan in his arms, he poked his head out slightly, trying to search for Belmode.

He hid himself behind the pillar, tightly holding the long-handled umbrella in his hand, and focused on listening to the sound of footsteps.

Boom, boom——

Belmode was injured, and the footsteps became lighter and heavier until the sound reached a position very close to him.

stopped.

Yu Shuilian's mind sank, and he said in the dark, "...do you like the carnations I sent today?"

The irregular footsteps disappeared suddenly, and there was only the sound of torrential rain in the empty main hall of the building, Yu Shuilian couldn't even catch the sound of breathing.