59 Worship

"This place has a terrible vibe." You muttered, strolling past the Zenins front gate. "Well, they must know Im here now." Hands in your pockets, you picked a random path to follow, coming upon a garden filled with all sorts of flowers. "Didn't take them for the flowery type."

"Who said you were allowed to look up at me? I don't want to see your disgusting faces."

Coming upon a path with a dead end, you found Naoya standing over two young girls. "I doubt they want to see your ugly face either. Sounds like a lose-lose." You commented, standing at the front of the path.

"Come to yield?" He smirked.

"'Course not." You lifted your shirt, showing the healing incision on your stomach. "Just thought I should let you know I'm useless to you now. No children for me." A smirk slid onto your lips at his expression. "You mad?"

"Tch, you fucking bitch!" He cursed, stepping forward. "Then I'll kill you!"

"Nehhh, that's bad language for kids to hear." You stepped forward, "I'm back to normal now. Think you can beat me without taking a cheap shot?"

He moved forward, stopping shoulder to shoulder with you. "There are fates worse than death. I'll make you wish I killed you." He hissed.

Looking from the corner of your eye you spoke lightly, "Same goes for you."

As he knocked his shoulder with yours your attention turned back to the girls. "Oh, twins. You guys okay?"

The one with a bob and straight bangs stepped forward with big eyes, "No one ever talks to him like that..."

You frowned, "You probably have pretty shitty lives here, huh?"

"Are you really going to kill him?"

"Maybe." You shrugged, "He's a bad guy anyways."

"I'm Maki, this is Mai." She introduced, pulling her sister forward.

"Those are very pretty names." You smiled, crouching down to be closer to their level.

"They're pretty..?" Mai repeated, eyes shining with a light blush.

"Mhm! You're both very pretty!"

"Are you a jujutsu sorcerer?" Maki asked.

"Yup."

"Are you strong?"

"That's what people say."

Maki made a sound of wonderment,
"I want to be a sorcerer too!"

"Maki!" Mai frowned.

"You can do whatever you want." You nodded.

"But she doesn't have any cursed energy." Mai looked away.

"Thats okay, if its what you want to do you should do it." You reached into your sleeve, pulling out a knife imbued with your cursed energy. "Thats why we have weapons like this with cursed energy in them already. Here, you can have this one. Keep it secret though, okay?"

"Okay!"

You glanced down as your phone buzzed, a request from Yaga. "I gotta go now..."

"Wait, what's your name?" Maki gripped the knife, looking up at you with sparkly eyes.

"Y/n." You saluted, "It was nice to meet you, Maki, Mai. Bye bye."

"Bye!"

"Goodbye..."

I feel like I'm leaving strays in a junkyard...

Sheesh, I feel bad for any kid that has to grow up there. They don't even have any way to physically protect themselves.