45 Just Pretend

nsfw warning for later

Song: Up There- Post Malone

You dragged yourself to the nearest bar that night, hoping for some guy to offer to buy a drink.

"What are you doin here?"

Glancing from the corner of your eye, there stood Kai, a group of people talking a few feet away from him. You weren't sure if you were happy to see him or scared you'd piss him off too. "Waiting for a sucker to buy me a drink. You?"

"I guess Im the sucker buying you a drink." He laughed, beckoning the bartender over.

"Thank you." You mumbled, sipping from the glass. "What are you doing in Tokyo?"

"Meeting up with a few friends, other artists and piercers." He pointed to the group. "You seem upset, you okay?"

You only shrugged. "I just wanna get drunk to be honest."

"I'll be out here the next few days, what do you say we celebrate for my twenty first?" He grinned.

"What did you have in mind?"

"We were planning on bar hopping tonight, maybe visit a couple clubs tomorrow."

"The rest of your drinks are on me then." You tried your best to smile naturally.

The group quickly got too loud for the current bar, so the six of you moved onto one more in a party district. Kai's friends were more outgoing than him, they all welcomed you with open arms. You didn't miss the winks the boys sent to Kai.

"You're like a beer pong goddess!" One of the friends, Mac, exclaimed.

"That was crazy, you didn't miss a single cup." Kai said in awe. "What the hell do they teach you in that school?"

"Lots..."

"She's so humble!" One of the girls, Miu, gushed.

"You don't have a boyfriend, do you?" Mac asked slyly.

"No."

"Girlfriend?"

"No."

"What the hell?!"

"Why not?!"

Kai smiled from beside you, happy you got along with his other friends. He watched you from the corner of his vision, sipping his drink, red taking over his cheeks and ears.

A few hours later the group decided to tap out. They had already spent the earlier day traveling from various places, so you understand their exhaustion well. You didn't end up getting drunk, mostly because you didn't want to make a bad first impression, and the hallucinations hadn't shown up, and ended the night with a light buzz.

"Can you make it back okay? You can come back with us if you want." Kai offered.

"Aren't you staying at a hotel?"

"Yeah but I don't mind sleeping on the couch." He shrugged.

You didn't necessarily want to go back with them, but you absolutely dreaded the thought of going back to the school and running into Gojo. "If you really dont mind..."

"Nah, cmon. I love hanging out with you." He grinned, arm wrapping around your waist. "We brought our equipment, maybe if there's a day we don't drink I can give you something."

I don't know if I want to go a day without

You hated that thought. "Yeah maybe."

Arriving at the hotel the two girls shared a room, the two boys, and you and Kai. You sat on the bed with a yawn, rubbing your eyes. "Do you want something to change into?"