77 Foreboding

EP 21

You were starting to hate gathering together in this meeting room. "Next up are the casualties." Ijichi began listing them off. There were more than you thought.

And they think it was the work of patchface...how annoying, that I missed him.

Also, its strange of them to seemingly have a plan and yet get outside help like the curse user we captured. The only guarantee that he won't talk is if he has a binding vow.

You didn't realize, but your expression morphed into one of annoyance.

Utahime chose to look on the bright side, "For now, lets be glad our students are safe."

Like she said, they would all be just fine with no lasting damage. Although you certainly had a scare getting the roots out of Megumi and Maki.
-
Of course as soon as you realized the two were injured, you skidded into the 'clinic'. "Just in time." Shoko mused. "They'll be fine, but pull this out while I heal him up behind. Megumi first."

You let out a breath of relief.
-
"But it goes without saying that the exchange event is now cancelled." Yaga said.

"Hold on!" Gojo interrupted. "Thats not for us to decide is it?"

-

"Nehhh, you've been irritable since yesterday. Are you mad about the fingers?" Gojo knocked into you while walking down the pathway.

"That bad feeling I had just keeps getting worse. We were so scattered while they had a plan that succeeded." You went to scratch your brow, but he held your hand down, interlacing your fingers.

"I know you worry about the students, but that's why we have to let them struggle, so they can grow. Plus, you got rid of one of the special grades, right?"

"Strength doesn't mean anything if they're already two steps ahead." You glanced his way for a second. "And the one I killed was the least of our worries. It was strong, but it definitely wasn't behind the tactics."

"I know." He sighed, "I have a bad feeling too. Right now, our main focus is finding the traitor, gathering information, and readying the students."

You sighed, "And I need to go make Shoko a coffee so she can get through the day. She must be exhausted after fixing everyone and having a million autopsy's to do." You went to pull your hand away, but Gojo pulled you closer, pecking your lips quickly.

"See you later or tomorrow?"

"Mhm." You kissed the corner of his mouth before making your way to the morgue.

"Sheesh, five managers? Ijichi will really be busy now." You sighed. "You know, he totally likes you."

"I never imagined having girl talk while standing over a dead body." She smiled at the morbid joke.

"You don't have to waste any more time on this. It's definitely the same one as before. These curses popping up have really distinct cursed energy."

"You're signing off on it~"

"Yeah yeah."

-Next Day-

"Baseball is totally the most boring sport." You crossed your arms.

"It's good if you can get into it!" Utahime defended.

"My point still stands." You sucked on a smoothie, sitting on the sidelines listening to Utahime yell at her students. "Hiiimeee, you're way too into this."

"I am not!"

You laughed quietly, watching the game lazily. That is, until Maki had a great hit (you thought this would be a good time to know how to whistle) but the witch caught it midair. You rose from your seat, "That's totally a foul!"