41 Liar

Song: Bends- Ralph Castelli

Neither you or Gojo slept that night. He stayed with you until you calmed, and then you went your separate ways to exorcise curses.

You exorcised 32 curses in the city that night. By early morning your body was shaking, distress rolling off you in waves. You had no idea what to do with yourself. Distress turned into frustration. You crouched down, forehead pressed against the brick wall. As you kept still for a few moments the adrenaline slowed, and your eyes suddenly felt heavy.

—one week later—

Nanami had gathered his things, preparing to leave the classroom, but he stopped. He glanced toward you, noticing your breathing was deep and even now, unlike when you'd been fake sleeping earlier. Sighing deeply, he set his things down and walked to the vending machine.

A familiar face was already at the machine. "Nanami, what're you doing here?!" Gojo enthusiastically greeted.

"Its a vending machine." He dryly answered.

Gojo pouted, "Fair I guess.  I-"

Before he could get onto another stupid topic, Nanami spoke, "You need to check on L/n. She isn't doing well."

"With what? Like math? I already know that."

"Be serious Gojo." Nanami snapped.

"She's strong, I'm sure she's fine."  Gojo waved off.

"She isn't." He pressed, glaring at his upperclassman.

Gojo nodded stiffly, "Alright, I'll talk to her."  Nanami only nodded, forgetting about his things and walking the opposite way.

Of course Gojo knew he was right. You weren't okay. Neither was he. But he found himself feeling unsure of how to feel or deal with the situation. Alas, it couldn't keep being put off. He sighed, slowly making his way into the classroom and sitting in the seat beside yours. He watched you for a moment. The darkness around your eyes was deepening. Your cheeks looked more hallow. He frowned, realizing he should be making sure you were eating. Geto had lost weight in his depression too. An unrecognizable feeling swelled up in him at the thought of you going down that same path.

He rested his head on his arms on your desk, blowing on your face lightly. "Y/nnn, Y/nnn, wake up!"

You grunted softly, brows twitching before your eyes blinked open. You groaned, turning your head to the opposite side. "What?"

"You'll get bad grades if you sleep in class ya'know~" He sang.

"I already have bad grades. I'm trying to sleep."

Gojo sighed lightly, "Fine, how about I get us something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry."

"No? When did you eat last?"

"I had a big breakfast."

There was silence for a moment before his chair scooted back, "I'll still get something, sit tight!"

However, when he came back you were nowhere around the school.
The next week continued like this. You either ignored or avoided him like the plague.

Gojo sighed, leaning against the outside entrance, eyes shut while the sun warmed his skin.

What was he doing wrong?

Maybe you were mad at him, maybe you thought Geto leaving was his fault? Maybe you were mad at him because of his attitude, because he acted like everything was okay? Maybe you hated him. Maybe you agreed with Geto. Did you think the same as him? Could Gojo change your mind, could he help you?
Maybe you didn't want help.

His eyes opened to find you walking up. He smiled, waving, "Hey Princess!" He caught your arm before you could walk away, "You okay?"

"What are you doing here still? I thought you had a mission." You said, gaze not moving from the path ahead.

"Oh? I never told you that, you keeping tabs on me Y/n?" He teased. You stayed quiet. "Hey." He tugged your arm, trapping you between him and the wall. "Are you really okay?"

"I'm fine." You huffed in annoyance.

Gojo paid no mind to your tone, "Really? You've been so tense lately, and your jaw looks like it's about to snap."

You unclenched your jaw, "I'm perfectly fine."

"Mm, but Nanami said you were very careless with yourself on the last mission. You don't usually mess around like that." He let go of your arm, resting his hands in his pockets.

"I was trying some new stuff."

"I don't think putting your life in danger for no reason is something to try." You didn't exactly have a response for that, only looking to the side with your arms crossed.

"Are you done with this interrogation?" You finally broke the silence.

"You know, if I didn't have to force your feelings out of you, it wouldn't be in interrogation."

"Well why do you have to do that."

Gojo wrapped his arms around your shoulders, curling you into a hug. "Because I have to make sure my favorite Y/n is okay! So, are you okay?"

You clenched your jaw to stop it from quivering.

I could never tell him what I really think about

I'm okay. To him, I'm okay. I can deal with this on my own. I can't weigh him down, not when he's doing so well. He's strong.  So much stronger than me. I'm weak.

You smiled, relaxing your fists and instead wrapping your arms around his waist. "Neh Satoru, I thought you might kill me when we first met. You know, I really didn't like you." You spoke wistfully.

"Oh really? I always liked you."

"Hmp. Liar. You liked me because my technique was strong, but of course you stuck around for my amazing personality."

"Im sure it was more than that." You couldn't see, but his smile dropped.

"Ah, but, I suppose, you're not so bad." You grinned, bowing your head against his chest. "Satoru, I'm okay. Time heals all wounds, right?"

"Thats what they say." He mused, petting your hair down. 

"Enjoy your mission, I'll be fine."  You pulled away, shooting him a smile.  "Nanami is sure to keep me in check."

"Yeah." Gojo chuckled. "Call me if you need anything."

"I will." You waved behind you, continuing inside.

Change the subtitle not the title, best way to lie right?

Once reaching the dorm building you sighed, tilting your head back.  "What a liar."

Your phone lay on your desk, buzzing relentlessly. Miska was being overbearing about this whole thing, it was insufferable. On top of that, you hadn't spoken to your mother in awhile, and she was blowing up the device. You glared down at it. You had only kept it on in case Geto contacted you.

But he wouldn't. You knew he wouldn't. You threw the device against the wall, shattering it on impact.

This must be how Satoru felt before? I bet I could kill someone without feeling a thing right now. But I wanna cry too.

============

sorry for not updating in awhile! Im writing/planning some more plot so they'll be back to normal soon 😁