44 Wandering Mind

Song: Snap out of it- Arctic Monkeys

The top half of your body shot up, leaving the warmth of the bed behind. You threw a hand over your mouth, smothering your gasps of the night air. Tears welled in your eyes as you recalled the disturbing dream, falling one after another down your jaw.

"Y/n."

Your head whipped around at the familiar voice. Gojo stood at the side of your bed, bright blue eyes glowing in the darkness.

"Gojo-" Your choked voice was cut off by his harsh one.

"Y/n, I really do hate you. Stupid brat, you are the reason Suguru left! My only friend and you pushed him away!" Gojos hand was fast as lightning to wrap around your neck, his face leaning in front of yours. "I never liked you. It was Suguru that insisted we drag you around with us, since you are such a pathetic little bitch. And look at what you did to him in return." You didn't notice his tightening grip until no breath would come in or out. "I should kill you. But you know, I don't think you deserve even that. I hope you suffer. I want you to suffer."

You blinked and he was gone. You gasped in breath, sobs making it difficult.

Your room filled with people. Miska, Nanami, Yu, Shoko.

"I never should have saved you. I should have let them execute you."

"You're so weak minded. It's disgusting really."

"Why weren't you with us? Why didn't you save me?"

"Y/n, you are a sorry, pitiful excuse of a jujutsu sorcerer and human. I regret saving you."

Your scream echoed through the room, leaking through the cracks in the wall into the school beyond.
Hands covering your ears you attempting to shut out their constant insults, sobs falling from your lips making your throat clench.

You didn't notice the small group of people barging into your room, nor when they called for your attention or shook your shoulders. Miska grabbed your cheeks in her hands, "Y/n! Snap out of it, cmon!" Your quivering eyes didn't hold an ounce of recognition. Miska took note of your pratical lack of a pupil, eye color changed to a dull purple. Bit by bit, it drained away to your natural eye color. Your breath hitched, blinking quickly. "You with us now?" Miska smiled softly, though concern laced her features. You didn't respond. Though your tears had stopped momentarily, they quickly started up again with your confusion. Weren't these people just shunning you? Why did they look worried now? Where was Yu? Gojo?

Shoko wrapped her arms around you, resting her forehead against the side of your head. Miska stepped back, allowing her to comfort you. Nanami and Yaga stayed behind, concerned and worried any little movement may set you off.

"Y/n...were you seeing something? Or maybe a dream?" Miska hesitantly asked.

"I was awake."

She nodded, waiting for you to explain but it didn't come. Your gaze was distant, as if you weren't fully aware of the people surrounding you.

This has been happening for weeks. You were unsure of how many exactly, since you often didn't even know what day it was.

Sometimes, these hallucinations, apparations, yelled and ravaged you without pause. Day and night. You would sit on your bed and listen. Exorcise curses and listen. Someone would talk to you and you might watch their mouth, but you listened to them.

Sometimes it was only one person, often Geto or Gojo, and sometimes they talked over each other until it sounded like thunder in your ears.

Sometimes, they didn't show for days and you would grow hopeful.