23 Promise

Your injury had given everyone the grace period of a couple days, even though you weren't even a week into school. But, you and Shoko were exhausted.  You suspected it was also to give Miska and Miki some time to settle in.

Despite not wanting to go, you, Shoko, and Nanami had been dragged to the beach. At least it wasn't searing hot outside. Two umbrellas and blankets had been set up beside each other which you, Shoko, Nanami, and Geto took advantage of.

"Sorry I can't fix the scars. Its one thing my technique can't always help with." Shoko apologized.

"I'm just grateful you fixed me up." You waved her off. "Especially since it exhausted you so much."

True, Shoko had dark bags under her eyes and like you felt very sluggish. But she refused to tell you she'd been sick over the toilet from overuse of her technique. "Not like any of it was your fault." Maybe if the injuries had been from your own idiocy, she wouldn't be as eager to heal them. But even Shoko felt bad for your situation, and how eager the higher ups were to kill you.

You hummed, hugging your knees to your chest and resting your chin on your arms. "Hey, Gojo is the type to show up to the beach in a speedo, don't you think?" You acted as if you were whispering, but spoke loudly enough for he and Yu to hear while building their sandcastle.

"Oh yes, bright red ones too." Geto played along.

"Shut up!"

Once everyone had enough of the beach, it was time for ice cream. Except for Nanami. He headed back early, feeling he put his due time in. It was fair enough. You and Shoko watched blankly as girls crowded around the three boys.  Instead of waiting around you both sat a little ways away on a bench, you enjoying your ice cream and Shoko her cigarette.

While the boys entertained their admirers, you closed your eyes, soaking in the warm sunshine and resting your head on Shokos shoulder. She looked at you with surprise, but accepted your cuddles, wrapping an arm around your waist and flicking ash from the cigarette aside.

Two boys stopped a little ways away, "Woah dude, look at those two!"

"Holy shit, they're hot!"

"The h/c one is totally cute."

"She makes smoking look super cool!"

"Yeah, especially together like that...think they're single?"

"I dunno man, seems like they're together doesn't it?"  Apparently Shokos glare wasn't enough to scare them off.  You kept your eyes closed and ignored them as they walked over. "Hey ladies, enjoying this nice day?"

"What does it look like?"  Shoko spoke monotonly.

"W-well we were wondering if you wanted to walk along the beach with-"

You cracked an eye open, the boy suddenly cutting himself off and sun no longer warming your skin. Gojo and Geto stood in front of you with harsh glares, sending the boys scampering away.  They turned toward you two with heavenly smiles.

Yu had headed back, feeling bad for leaving Nanami alone even though that is surely what he wanted. Now, the four of you strolled along the sidewalk. "Hey, do you want to visit your mom?" Geto suggested, looking back at you.

"Eh, do I have to?"

"Even if she doesn't know about what happened, I think you should visit her."  He confirmed.  "We still have another day, why don't you spend a night at home?"

"But all my stuff is at the school!"  You groaned.

"Cmon Y/n, I miss your mama, lets go visit!"

"Shut up Gojo!"