40 Wicked Truth

Song: Softcore- The Neighbourhood

Never had you cried for a family members death. You'd never felt close enough, it wasn't your place to mourn.

Yesterday, Yu and Nanami left for a mission to exorcise a second grade spirit. Early this morning, Shoko had informed you and Geto that Yu had died.

You weren't particularly close with Yu. But he was a nice kid. And standing in the morgue watching Nanami grieve brought tears to your eyes. You knew Geto was friends with him too, but the look on his face wasn't one of grievance.

"This was supposed to be a simple mission to exorcise a second grade spirit...! Shit! The local faith, that things a god of this land, this is a case for first grades...!" Nanami spoke in a broken voice, cloth covering his eyes and no doubt his tears.

Geto lifted the sheet covering the body, and you couldn't help but look. It only fueled the despair in the room. A large gash went across his cheek, leading further down. He didn't have such a childish look anymore. "You have to rest for now, Nanami. Satoru will take the mission from here." Geto said, gently putting the sheet down.

"...can't we just leave everything to him from now on?"

At that moment tears silently ran down your cheeks. The hate, the contempt, the resentment between everyone, you couldn't take it.

You just wanted everything to be okay again.

Geto paid no mind to your crying, he hadn't even noticed. This marathon called shamanism...what if beyond that, there's nothing but a pile of shamans corpses?

—Two Weeks Later—

You had wanted to say something to Nanami, but seeing as you had no idea what to say nor were you very close, you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

Geto had been cold the past two weeks, despite trying his best to act normal. It'll pass, just give him time to grieve, you told yourself. But time to grieve isn't what he needed.

You barged into his room just as he was finishing buttoning his uniform. "You leavin?"

"Yeah. Another mission." He sighed.

You leaned against the doorway, "Yeah, they're starting to feel never ending. I'll make you some soba when you get back. We haven't had anything homemade in awhile."

"Thank you." He smiled, hand on your waist, pressing a light kiss to your cheek. "Good luck on your upcoming missions."

"Hm, you too. Don't forget to text me when you finish it."

"Sure." He waved while walking away, smile sliding off his face as soon as he turned around.

The one you commit to being from now on...

Will define your true feelings.

Five days after the person in charge (Geto Suguru, 3rd year) arrived at XX village, the corpses of 112 of its inhabitants were found.

All were thought to be victims of the cursed spirt, however, analysis of the remains determined they were killed by Geto Sugurus cursed spirit manipulation.

Geto Suguru is on the run. Under article nine of the Regulations of Jujutsu, he is now to be executed on sight as a curse user.