82 Will

Song: Dark Red- Steve Lacy

October 28

As soon as the students left the room he pulled his blindfold down, rubbing his palms against tired eyes. Maybe this was on him. He hadn't immediately been worried about not hearing from you, figuring you would catch him up on whatever was keeping you a little later. You having been kidnapped definitely wasn't even a thought in his mind.

However when the midst of the next day came around and you still hadn't even sent a text, he began getting suspicious. As it turns out someone had hacked into gingers phone number and sent you a fake mission request. There was no tracking it, and the place had been completely destroyed and crawled with curses, trampling on any residuals that would have been there.

It hadn't even felt real until there was no evidence, no traces. By that night an uneasiness crawled into his chest, a desperation he hadn't felt in a long time. His fingers had twitched, tensed, contemplating tearing the city apart to find you.

Although possible, that wasn't exactly a feasible option. It didn't help that he knew thats what you would have done, done anything to find and retrieve him.

The difference had always been that you would tear down a city for one person, but he could never justify himself doing so.

The only other idea he had, the only other option you could have willingly gone, was to your parents. He checked there, ignoring the fact that it was a late hour to be disturbing people.

It wasn't hard to find the home, one of the same many in the suburbs. He could see you scrunching your nose at the fact that they lived here now.

Your mother had opened the door, eyes red and puffy, bloodshot. However that sadness quickly turned to anger at the sight of Gojo. "You asshole! Where is he?!"

"Who?" Gojo tilted his head. "Enzo? I was going to ask you the same."

"What? What does that mean?"

"Y/n has been missing for about 48 hours. I'm assuming same goes for him."

"Yeah..."

"Shit." He muttered, glancing around the neighborhood. Nothing seemed amiss. Quite. Peaceful. Not even a curse within a few hundred feet.

"What does that mean? Why are they both missing?"

"Only one reason isn't there? The technique is being passed on."

"That means..." Her eyes welled up with tears again. "How could they?"

"I'm assuming it wasn't by choice...but..." Gojo paused for a moment. Could it have been? Maybe you decided to finally take it? Maybe Enzo decided to give it up? It wasn't an entirely impossible senerio. "I have to check some things."

"Wait!" She went to grasp his arm, only to be held back by infinity. "I just-just let me know what you find, okay? Im sorry. I didn't, I never hated Y/n she just..."

"Unfortunately, I would say its a little late to play nice again. If shes alive, apologize to her. Not me."

First up was Kai's house. The place seemed to be stuck in a time loop. Things around it changed, but the inside stood still just as it had when you first brought him here. Gojo secretly thought it a bit of an unhealthy attachment. You always made sure there wasn't a spec of dust in the place, and often came to pay your respects, forehead pressed against the floor in front of their shrine.

But then again, who was he to judge?

Per usual, not a thing was out of place. You nor Enzo had been here, which left his next idea.