8 Late Night Swim

Song: Ladders- Mac Miller

You'd been debating going to the pool all day, but the hours ticked by and you hadn't moved from your bed. However, a sudden burst of energy overcame you, and you tried to engrave the way back to the dorms into your mind while your feet padded against stone. Even though your body had became energized, your mind felt dreadfully heavy.

You sat on the edge, dipping a toe in to find the water a surprisingly pleasant temperature before lowering yourself in. The area around the pool was lit with torches, flames reflecting against the calm water and offering more light with the setting sun.  It was peaceful as you swam a couple laps before leaning your arms against the edge, laying your head on your arms and eyes sliding shut.

"Satoru shut up!  If Yaga hears us he'll kill us!"

You jolted at the sudden yelling.

"Stop being paranoid, Yaga is nowhere near the dorms!"

"He'll still be able to hear your obnoxious ass!"

"You wanna fight?!"

"Do you?!"

"You two can't keep quiet for your lifes, can you?"  You murmured.

Geto swirled around at your voice with wide eyes, "You surprised me!"

"You mean I scared you."

Gojo cackled, hopping into the pool.  Geto slid in more gently.

You were well aware of the slightly tense mood.  You dealt with it often after randomly snapping, even if it was subtle they seemed to notice. 

Guilt began edging away at you. 

Stop feeling bad. We already decided we would keep the distance. 

But they do seem kinda fun. 

Stop.

You cleared your throat in attempt to clear the atmosphere in the least, "Gojo, what is your technique?"

You kept your gaze on your hands as he explained it, trying to grasp onto his words. "So it's like an invisible wall around you? And you see like some high tech computer?"

"Yup!" He was obviously proud of his techniques, holding a hand up, "Try it."

You poked his palm, finding your fingertip inches away. "Thats all pretty freaky. What about you, Geto?"

You wrinkled your nose as he explained he had to consume the curses, remembering what he did the first time you went out with them.  "Curses can be tamed?"

He nodded, "Mostly low level ones unless it's a technique like mine or it's otherwise bonded." 

"This stuff is really weird, huh?"  You mused airily, comfortable now that the tension had dissipated.

"Was it your technique earlier? Did it make you irritable too?" Gojo questioned. He watched as you looked away, body tensing and shoulders squaring back.

"Mm, no. It was just a thought that annoyed me." You brushed off.

"Like what?"

"We can help." Geto offered.

"It's fine."

"L/nL/nL/nL/nL/nL/nL/nL/nL/-"

"Whatisit?whatisit?whatisit?whatis-"

"..." You blinked quickly, staring at them.