58 Nanamins Birthday

"Whatcha doin?" You peered over Nanamis shoulder, who sat at his computer desk.

"Running through a presentation. Of course, my partner took the past week off and won't be back until after I present it tomorrow." He sighed heavily.

"Ohh, that's shitty. It's your birthday tomorrow too isn't it?"

"I'm surprised you remember."

"To be honest, I didn't exactly. I knew it was coming up and did a little snooping in your professional file." You grinned, "Sorry if I ever forget. I don't pay much attention to dates."

"I know you don't. I wouldn't take it personally."

"Hey Nanamin, what's your boss's name again?"

"If I tell you I trust he won't end up with an obituary."

"Hehe~"

—Next Day—

You strolled up to the front desk in a pretty little outfit, pleasant smile on your face. "Hello, I'm looking for Mr.Tanaka?"

"Huh? I didn't see any meeting today, let me check again." The receptionist said nervously.

"You see, he just called about some business with my stocks. Since it changes by the second, it's important I see him immediately." You fluidly lied.

"Of course! I believe he is currently on the fourth floor, and if not check for his office on the seventh. Here's a visitors badge."

You mentally giggled arriving on the third floor while Nanami gave you a suspicious glance. The boss man himself had his arm slung over the blonds shoulders, entranced by your exaggerated hip sways. A purple mist appearing only to you and Nanami popped in front of his face. "Neh, Mr. Tanaka, don't you think Nanami deserves his birthday off? He's been working so very hard, and even did an entire presentation all on his own. Surely, he deserves the rest of the day along with tomorrow off, with pay of course, doesn't he?"

"You're very right! Nanami my man, enjoy the night!" He clasped his shoulder with a hearty grin.

You walked down the hall, Nanami at your side, throwing up a celebratory fist. "Hell yeah Nanamin! Just wait until you see the spread I set up!"

"That was dirty." He commented, unable to keep from smiling ever so slightly.

You shrugged, "All's he knows is he was suddenly in a very great mood and decided to give his best employee a break. Although the rest of them are probably being yelled at now, hope you don't like any of them."

"I don't. Thank you."

"No problem."

You theatrically opened the door to his apartment, revealing food and alcohol spread over the kitchen island and living room table. "Today we have; only the freshest sushi, edamame, okonomiyaki, fancy cheese and oils along with fresh bread, and I tried to make a danish pastry however I do not know if it tastes right since I've never had one. They look nice though! And of course, plenty of alcohol!" You presented, eyes sparkling with excitement.

Nanami loosened his tie, mentally drooling at the spread. "You really went all out."

"Its not really that much...but I figured you'd be happy enough with the bread and wine." You teased, bending down to scratch Kune who had been rubbing along your calf.

2 hours later

You were both stuffed and two wine bottles deep, lounging on the furniture. Even Kune was snoozing on Nanami's lap. "What country do you think you'll move to?"

"I haven't decided yet. Maybe Thailand, Poland, Costa Rica...France or Italy."

"Mmm, I bet you could make a good frenchman."

"What about you?"

"I probably won't leave Japan, unless it's to visit you of course. You know I don't have any aspirations." You sighed. "Hey, if you were a pizza what would you be?"

"...pizza bianca."

Another Two Hours Later

He ended the night with a relaxing shower, ruffling his hair with a fluffy towel. His apartment was always clean, so he quickly noticed there was a box out of place on his nightstand. It was completely black, and he frowned at the expensive brand name stamped on it. Sliding it open it revealed a shiny silver watch, behind the crystal a blueish black. Inside the box was a sloppily torn piece of paper.

Nanamin, happy birthday!

First off, I will not be taking this back and have already ripped up the receipt. Secondly, you can't wear it yet! It feels like it might become a negative thing if you wear it at your current job. So I decided you aren't allowed to wear it until you find a job with some actual boundaries. That way when you look at it you can be like 'yay its 5pm, time to leave work' of course you say it all monotone.

Nanami Kento, your a good guy.

So I think you deserve this, as a reminder that you can enjoy your current life while working toward your life goal. I know you'll get to that goal, and I hope you'll allow me into your peaceful home. Ill bring wine. Even though I'm a dumbass, and you have no responsibility to, you take care of me. I know your ways of checking in, and I really appreciate it, especially since you never ask for anything in return. Nothing Im doing is to return your kindness. Did that sound bad? What I mean is its a gift cause you deserve it, not as payback for what you've done for me. Im probably not saying that right but I'm sure you get the gist.

Thanks Nanamin,
Y/n and Kune

Nanami tilted his head back, not allowing the tears to fall from his eyes.

==========

a lil spec birthday chap cause nanami is a good man

to be clear, the relationship to him is strictly brotherly/close friend. No romance this time.