54 Bounty

The bounty was never lifted.

For six months now, your days consisted of killing curse users.

"I've been picking you all off one by one." Your head lulled to the side as you were surrounded. "I thought maybe word got around. Should I have left one to be a messenger?"

"Those people were weak! We are strong and you're at your lowest point, easy pickins!" A man yelled.

"I wish I were easy pickings, maybe I could have been killed by now." You sighed, scratching your brow.

"Enough talk! There's seven of us and one of you, you should just give up now!" A woman shouted snootily. "Your cursed energy doesn't feel at all like what is said! It's weak!"

"Mom stop! We need to leave!" A child pulled the woman's hand.

"I've learned my cursed energy tends to off-put people, so I conceal it." You frowned. "You seriously brought a kid with you?"

"Mom we need to leave she's bad!" The child screamed, desperately pulling the woman back. She frowned, looking between you and the kid.

"I'll try to not make this gruesome, but you should cover their eyes."

Everyone besides the mother fell to their knees, blood draining from their faces as you released your cursed energy around them.

"This is-this is-"

"Its the cursed energy of a monster!"

"It's horrifying!"

"A monster? Thats a little mean." You pouted. Knifes struck three of the curse users in the heart.

"I can't move! Its too much!"

One more, struck in the heart. You faced the man that had shouted first. "You're a tyrant! I've heard about you evil women, killing everyone from humans to cursed spirts! You leave no one behind unless you favor them!" He spat.

"A world with only people I like?" You smiled, "Nah, they would all hate me if I did that, but I do see the appeal. Let us remember it's your group that has been hunting me the past week. I followed a routine just to make it easy for you."

His eyes widened, "You knew we were here the entire time..."

"Yep. Like I said, I was hoping word got around and you backed off, but no such luck. Thing is, I don't play fight with you curse users. If you come after me, you should be ready to die. I'm only sparing the woman because she had no real killing intent." You glanced over at her, knife embedding into the mans heart. "Unless that has changed?"

"No, no we'll leave you alone." She bowed her head.

"You should probably pick up a different lifestyle, or else you'll end up dead." You suggested. "Plus, its bad parenting to bring a kid along."

One Hour Later

You layed sprawled out on Nanamis kitchen island while he cooked. "Yaga already looked into it, but he doesn't have any ideas. He said I would have to dive into it in order to get any kinda lead."

"Haven't most jujutsu groups disbanded?"

"Yeah, but would you really doubt its a higher up or someone like that?"

"I suppose not. What about the Zenins?"

"I looked into them too, after the Naoya incident. They have their own 'elite squad', so I don't think they'd use random curse users."