36 Cursed Tools

The next mission, perhaps the last, was finding cursed tools, which this area was supposed to be rich with. After ridding curses left and right, the surrounding areas had been wiped clean, leaving you on scavenger duty.

Leaving the manager behind, you wandered the streets aimlessly, in no rush to find the tools. Your sour mood brightened at a phone call. "I miss you." Your pouty voice came through the phone while you leaned against a building. "It sucks doing missions alone."

"Im sorry. You're doing good though, making progress." Geto answered.

"Yeah yeah." You sighed. "But going around stomping out weak curses is boring."

"That I can agree with."

"Plus I can't sleep good in hotel rooms." You groaned. "I want my bed. Or yours I suppose."

"I haven't been sleeping well either. I think I got used to having you next to me." He chuckled softly.

"Yeah, me too." It was quiet for a moment before you spoke again. "Hows Kune doing?"

"I think she misses you too. She's being a bit mopey."

You heard a loud meow through the phone, making you laugh. "Hey, this place is known for their ramen and beer, think I could get the manager to get me some? They're a pushover. Or maybe I could just sneak some..."

"It's dangerous to go out drinking alone, I'd rather you not."

"...I bet I could get some pretty easy."

Geto sighed, "Let me know how it is."

"I will! See ya soon, Suguru."

"See you."

And get it easily you did. Being a town with many home brews, they didn't have much issue serving someone underage. Three hours later the sun was beginning to set, and you had sloppily texted the manager to pick you up. She had to walk you to your room, seeing as you were falling left and right.

You immediately called Geto, a dopey smile on your face. "Suguru I got so drunk! The beers really strong here!" You giggled, stumbling around the hotel room.

"You feel okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Mm great! Mm so drunk, it took so many times to hit right button to call-oof! I ran into the wall." You laughed. "Ugh I miss you so much, come to me." You fell onto the bed.

"You know I can't. You have to finish this yourself."

"I don care bout any of that, i just wanna to be with you"

"You have to think about the future too." Geto said softly.

"Fuck the future, I'm only happy with you guys. I don care bout the future or what I do."

Geto sighed, "Just hang on a little longer? I know you can do it."

"Fineee, only if you reeealllly want me to."

"I...do."

"Finnneee!" You rolled onto your back, starfishing.  "But will you hug when I get back? Ill never admit but I like being held." You placed a finger over your lips as if you were telling a secret. "I only like when you touch me, no strangers."

Geto froze at your words, breath silently hitching. "I will, promise."

You squealed happily, kicking your feet, "I want a hug where you lean over me, like I'm being engoph-engulfed! I like those hugs!"

"Ill be sure to give you one then." He smiled. "You should get some sleep, its late."

"Yeah, I'm finally tired." You agreed, eyes shutting, "I haven't sleep well at all. I'll have to drink more if I can't sleep."