65 The Megumi Chronicles

Two weeks later

Days turned into weeks of checking in on the two and now, you were on your way to walk them home from school. It wasn't a dangerous area, there was no real reason for you to, nor did the kids care wether you did it or not (although Tsumiki definitely enjoyed it). You realized it wasn't necessary, but hoped they looked back with fond memories at least. Gojo had laughed at you and said you were becoming soft.

So much for not being a teen mom...

"Miss Y/n, I was thinking of going to the mall in the city today." Tsumiki spoke.

Well, there was no way you could let her go to the city alone. What if she were kidnapped?! That brings you to now, going shopping for clothes since they were beginning to grow out of theirs.

Never would have thought I would be here

Walking into the first store, you and Megumi were overwhelmed by all the childrens clothes, bright colors, patterns, and cartoons everywhere. Meanwhile, Tsumiki began walking off, throwing things over her arm.

"You want some help?" You asked Megumi, who nodded silently. "What size are you?"

"Small."

You hummed looking through the signs, "In toddler, child, or youth?"

"I don't know."

"Probably...probably child right? What age are you considered youth? You're a youth compared to me."

"I think its in general."

"General to what?"

"Life?"

A half hour later and he insisted he was done. You looked at the basket with only solid colors, and many of them dark. "Are you sure this is all you want? There's more fun options here."

Megumi wrinkled his nose, "Those are annoying."

"You are so gonna be emo when you're older. Hell, you're emo now." You mumbled under your breath. "Alright lets see if your sisters done."

On the way back Tsumiki fretted about you carrying all of their bags, so you ended up giving her one just so she would be quiet. Arriving in the apartment she immediately began cutting the tags and placing them in the washer.

How responsible

"Tsumiki, we don't have anything for dinner." Megumi said.

"Are you sure?" He moved to the side, showing the empty fridge. "Oh."

"I'll pick something up, don't worry." You waved, carefully shutting the door behind you.

Just as you made it down the stairs there were thumps behind you, Megumi rushing down the steps to catch up. You waited without acknowledging him, continuing walking once he was beside you. "Is there anything specific you want to eat?"

"No." Megumi glanced up at you before focusing on the ground. "Do you have a technique like me?"

"I've got a technique, but not like you."

"What is it?"

"In short, it makes people happy. But once I take it away they can get really angry."

"Why did you have that wolf then?"

"That was just a normal curse I tamed. His name is Ralph."

"Thats a dumb name."

"You have a-ahem, well I like it. I think it fits him."

He sent quiet for a few minutes before speaking,"Thank you for taking care of us. Tsumiki has been less stressed."

"Nah, don't thank me. You guys are good kids. You deserve to have someone help you out. Besides, what I'm doing is the bare minimum."