85 Tengen

- 5:14am, Jujutsu High -

"Are you ready?" Ginger sent a small smile, looking ahead to the pathway to the school. "It's been awhile."

You rose a brow, "Don't make this seem like some motivational movie."

Her cheeks bloomed a bright red, "I'm sorry."

"Mhm."

The point of you coming here was to meet with everyone to go to Tengen, but first, Shoko.

The soft knocks on the door were heard, as Shoko yelled for you to come in. She glanced over her shoulder with a grin, "Good, I thought somebody else was bleeding out again."

You giggled, "Do they usually knock?"

"Both Itadori and Yuta have." She stood, eyes widening as you immediately glomped her into a hug. Returning from her shock she slowly wrapped her arms around you, squeezing lightly. "I'm only letting you do this because you need it."

A laugh interrupted the sniffles, "I know."

"30 more seconds."

"35."

"25."

"40?"

Her thumb brushed along your back, small chuckle leaving her, "It's down to 15 now."

- 7:00am -

Nanami had come to collect you from Shoko's office once it was time for everyone to meet. She yelled out a good luck, to which you saluted and Nanami snorted.

The sun was in the midst of coming up, giving an orange glow and casting harsh shadows. The only sound was the blondes shoes clicking along the floor.

He slapped your hand as you were about to scratch your brow, to which you huffed. However the attitude quickly drained away. "Nanamin...you don't have to involve yourself in any of this. I won't blame you if you wanna skip to a different country." You mumbled.

He kept his gaze ahead, "I won't allow you to do this on your own. And the students need as much support as they can get."

"But now is the time to be selfish. Don't take me or the students into consideration. You should live how you want."

"This is what I want. I wouldn't be able to live with myself otherwise."

You hummed quietly, "I'll buy your home when this is done, wherever you want. As long as I can visit."

"Anytime."

The two of you were the last to arrive. Despite being way past everything that happened with the star vessel and the tombs, there was a slightly uncomfortable feeling in your chest. Pinpointing that to one thing was impossible. Seeing Tengen after being part of that failed mission? Not ideal. Putting the students in their current positions? Not ideal. Every-fucking-thing else about this? Not ideal.

With Choso as the guide, the group made it to the elevator, and into the chamber.

-

The place looked like a blank sheet of paper. You pursed your lips, until a voice rang out. "Leaving so soon? It's a pleasure to meet you, child of the Zenin..Michizane's decedent..Death Painting Womb..Sukunas vessel...and Y/n L/n."

"Aren't you gonna say hello to me, Tengen?" Yuki questioned.

"This isn't the first time we've met, Yuki Tsukumo." Tengen had very obviously felt the physical effects of his technique.

I thought Yuki said they found another vessel?

"Why did you close off the tombs of the star corridor?"