75 Pathway

EP 11

"Shookooo." You groaned before straightening up, "Here's your coffee."

"You chide me for working late and here you are bringing coffee." She chuckled.

"Well...I'm a hypocrite." You shrugged.

She took a sip, smirking slightly, "You added alcohol?"

"Maybe." You both shared a laugh and high five just as the door was opened, Nanami coming through clutching his side. All humor dropped from your face as you rushed over. "You okay?"

"It'll be fine." He nodded, leaning against the table, "Don't worry about it."

Shoko quickly began her work while you spoke, "It was the guy from before?"

"It's a young curse, at least semi special grade." He affirmed.

"Young?"

"It probably hasn't been long since he sprang into being. Even so, it won't be long before he reaches the maturity of the one Gojo fought."

Three special grades popping up out of no where...

"His victim count far exceeds what we thought. We need to exorcise him as soon as possible, before it's too late."

"I'll take over." You spoke quickly.

"No, you shouldn't waste time trying to track him down. Leave that to us, and you can come in once we have a lead."

"But-"

"He's right Y/n." Shoko stood, moving to wash her hands. "You have enough on your plate. Whenever Satoru is gone, you take missions day and night."

"'Ss what the coffees for." You mumbled.

"I'll call once we have a lead." Nanami said, obviously more exhausted now that he was healed.

"Fine." You relented against the two.

But of course, intentions aren't always followed through.

You were trying your best to hide your annoyance while walking into the waiting room of the dead, though your eye was twitching and you seemed restless.

"You were told to rest, weren't you?" Nanami knew the answer even before asking.

"Is this my lecture?" Yuji flatly questioned.

"I have no lecture to give to the person who saved my life." Nanami rested a hand on the railing while you leaned back against the wall.

I have a lecture for the both of you.

"I saved you?"

"That patchworks technique was interfering with the soul. Since you invaded his domain, he wound up touching Sukuna's soul. I was saved because of that."

If that's all it took, if I brought Yuji in my domain, could I lure in Sukuna? No, mine doesn't have to do with the soul. Would he come out otherwise?
Or...I guess I don't know if it has anything to do with the soul. What even is the soul? I never cared to listen to the spiritual part of this.

"Then it wasn't me who saved you. It was just his whim." Yuji uttered. "I killed a person today. People die. There's no stopping that. So I wanted them to at least have proper deaths. That's what I thought. So I was always thinking about how I could stop that trigger from being pulled."