In•sub•or•din•a•tion (?)

Start from the beginning

The same jerking motion is back and your head tilts to the side twice, before you force yourself to take a deep breath.

Clearly this was anxiety related.

You could really cry now.

That would be quite the nice outlet.

But last night you had wept so hard, a red spot appeared on the side of your eye. Likely a small ruptured blood vessel.

You had no tears left to shed.

The pass time bell goes off and you look at the clock.

Merlin- you had been in here since the second half of McGonagall's class and the entirety of Sprout's!

It was now time for charms and you worryingly glanced at the clock.

A nervous sound escapes from your throat, a cross between a faint wheeze and a soft sigh.

Pressing your lips together, the head jerking motion ensues.

"Fu-uck." You whisper to yourself, willing it to stop.

Humming quietly, you breathe in and out through your nostrils to calm yourself.

Standing up from the cold bathroom floor, you pick up your bag and stare at the clock once more.

There was still enough time to make it to class.

But were you actually going to?

No.

---

Tiptoeing down the halls of Hogwarts, you try to make your way back to your dorm room. The backup plan was the library but that'd be quite the trek.

"Just disappointed, Albus." A quiet voice is heard.

Just from that one sentence, you were immediately reeled in.

Slowly sticking your head out from the corner, you see Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape standing in the hallway facing each other.

You lean back and keep your back pressed against the wall, closing your eyes to focus on their voices.

"I understand, Minerva. Perhaps it is time we discuss this in greater detail. Obviously it's been an issue in every class, correct, Severus?"

A brief moment of silences passes by.

"Not to be gentle by any means, I however..." pause "...have taught the dreaded Weasley twins and simply put, their presence was an utter nightmare. So to be quite honest, there have been much more difficult students than her..."

"It's just so frustrating. So much tongue." McGonagall.

"You're her head of house, Minerva. You decide what is best." Dumbledore.

"I've already given her more than a few detentions.. This is an occuring problem. Not just her lack of interest but her... Behavioral patterns?" McGonagall.

"How do you mean?" Dumbledore.

"Well, for one, her tone. Irritation and impatience is growing within her."

I'm not that impatient? I'm not trying to be rude...

"How... odd... for a Gryffindor.." Snape lowly mutters, words dripping with sarcasm.