𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 97

"So

"So..." Haru cleared his throat, tapping his spoon on the plastic bowl that contained his lunch.

"So...?" You looked up at him, placing your pencil down on your notebook, deciding to take a break from your school work.

"Are you and Suna back together or what?" He asked, taking a spoonful of food into his mouth as he waited for your answer.

With a shrug you answered him, "we're working on it. Both of us agreed not to rush back into it, which is the best thing right now."

Haru narrowed his eyes at you, chewing on his food slowly. A small smirk formed on the corners of his mouth. "Do not look at me like that. I already know what you're gonna say." You laughed, grabbing your pencil and writing down notes from last class.

"You know me so well," Haru smiled. "But, more importantly, has he given you the ring back?" He asked with raised brows.

If you were being honest, you completely forgot about the ring. It's been a while since the last time you handed it over to Suna. And knowing him when he's mad, you don't know what he could have done with it. He could have tossed it into some nearby lake or off a ledge somewhere. "No, he hasn't mentioned anything either."

"You better get that ring back. It's yours after all." Haru said with wide eyes, almost like he was offended by the fact you didn't have the ring back on your finger yet.

With a sigh, you looked back up at your best friend, "Haru, me and Suna are taking things slow, okay? It's not like it's an engagement ring, it's just a promise ring. I'm sure he has it stuffed in his drawer or something." You shrugged.

"Yeah, it's a gorgeous ass promise ring that he probably spent a lot of money on. Also, he did a whole setup for you, and a cute little speech like they give in the movies. It's very important to get it back on that ring finger of yours whether you're taking it slow or not." Haru explained, pushing his empty bowl aside.