𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 46

Haru decided that it was best if he stayed with you at your apartment until you felt better enough to deal with things yourself

Haru decided that it was best if he stayed with you at your apartment until you felt better enough to deal with things yourself. You didn't mind it and were open to the idea of having him around since he's always filled with energy and gets you off of your ass even when you're having a hard time.

The two of you thought a nice movie night would be best to help get your mind off of things and chill out with each other rather than going to a club or some other place where it was loud and obnoxious. Neither of you thought that would be good for you. "Hey, do you wanna get the chocolate fudge brownie ice cream or the cookies in cream with the chocolate swirl?" Haru held both of them up in his hands, turning to face you.

Since there were no snacks to munch on during the movie tonight, Haru and you ran to the store to pick up a few things to munch on. You stammered a bit, looking between the two ice creams that he held in his hands. "Why not both?" You shrugged your shoulders. Haru nodded his head in agreement, throwing the small tubs into the cart. "Has Suna responded to you yet?" Haru asked, leaning over and lazily pushing the cart as you walked alongside him.

"Um," you quickly pulled out your phone from your pocket, zero notifications displayed on the lit screen, "nope." You shoved your phone back into your pocket with a sigh of defeat. "Asshole." Haru mumbled under his breath, scoffing. Suna had to have seen the message, right? There was literally no way he could ignore you about something this serious for so long. Unless he just doesn't care anymore.

Or maybe he was too busy hanging out with some random girls to notice that you even texted him. There were so many possibilities that you had in mind and they didn't help. "I can tell you're overthinking. Stop." Haru nudged your arm with his elbow. "How'd you know?" You slightly chuckled, rubbing the spot on your arm where he hit.

"Because you get this small frown and then squint your eyes and scrunch up your face in a weird way." He raised a brow at you. You didn't say anything back. Instead, you looked around for more snacks that you two could scarf down tonight. Chips, cookies, granola bars, ice cream, sushi, and so many other things were available. You didn't know what to choose.

"Hey," Haru slightly shouted in excitement, "they have my favorite juice!" He giggled, grabbing three bottles of them from the shelf and tossing it next to the other pile of junk food in the cart. "I think this is enough for tonight." You peeked at the cart, moving various things around before looking at Haru. "Yeah, let's checkout."

━━━━

"These pajamas are so comfortable." Haru smiled, running his hands along the soft fabric. "Well, you did buy them last minute before we checked out." You laughed, plopping down on the couch that was covered with blankets and pillows. Haru rolled his eyes at you, sitting down next to you on the couch.

He reached over to the coffee table and grabbed the remote, scrolling through to find a good movie to watch. "Something scary or something with action?" He glanced at you before continuing to search through. "I'm not sure. Maybe something scary. It'll keep me invested." You nodded, leaning back onto the couch cushion and cuddling up against the blanket.

Picking up your phone once more, there was still no text or call from Suna. At this point, you've already given up hope he was going to text you back or even respond. He simply doesn't care. "Alright, it's starting." Haru cuddled up next to you, resting his head on your lap. Placing your phone back down, you took a deep breath and just decided to push this whole Suna situation to the back of your mind.

"You better not scream because if you do, you're gonna end up scaring me too." You looked down at Haru with raised brows. Haru gasped, looking at you with a shocked expression. "I do not scream!" He denied, resting his head back on your lap. "You definitely scream." You laughed, flashing a bright smile.

The movie played out for a few minutes, building up the storyline and starting slow. There were no huge scares yet, but the atmosphere was really eerie to you. It made your skin crawl. It was almost like you were in the movie yourself. "Bitch there's a ghost behind you. Turn around!" Haru whined, covering his face with the blanket.

You prepared yourself for a loud jump scare, closing one eye and pushing your head back. You weren't scared to admit that jump scares freaked you out, but you liked the adrenaline rush. "Oh fuck it disappeared." Haru commented, still hiding most of his face behind the blanket.

A sudden knock at the door made you jump in your seat and cause Haru to let out a scream. "Oh, it was just the door." He sighed, taking a deep breath before pausing the movie. "I'll be back." You got up off of the couch, grabbing your phone, and walking to the front door. You already had a feeling it was Suna. He was the only other person besides Haru that knew where you lived. Slowly opening the door, you saw him standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Quickly looking back at Haru, you sneakily made your way outside and shut the door behind you. "Surprise, surprise." You said in a sarcastic tone, wrapping your arms around yourself, rubbing your arms, and trying to warm yourself up. "I need to talk with you." Suna leaned against the railing of the staircase, staring at you. "Is that so? Cause last time you wanted to talk to me, you ended up being a huge dick."

"Cut the shit, alright? I'm here to talk about your text, y/n." He slightly raised his voice. "What took you so long to respond, huh?" You stared at him, waiting for a reply but didn't get one. Suna just sighed and looked down at his feet. Shaking your head in disappointment, you let out a scoff. "I was doing some things." He answered. "Things? Like what? Hanging out with every girl that you lay eyes on?" You tilted your head at him. "Y/n, it's not even like that-"

"But it is like that. You don't trust me. You compared me to Anna. Your ex that you apparently find annoying. I can't be in a relationship with you if you don't trust me, Suna. I can't. After all the trust I had in you, why can't you do the same with me?" You stared straight into his eyes. He didn't utter a word.

Nodding your head, you realized that his silence was enough of an answer for you. Turning away from him, you slowly walked back into the house, shutting and locking the door behind you. Suna watched the door close, still leaning against the railing. "Y/n?" Haru called out, walking down the hall towards you. "It was Suna at the door." You sniffled, hearing his car speed off down the street. "What happened?"

"He had nothing to say. I can't tell what he's thinking anymore. I can't tell if he even cares."