~𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛~

~ I'm already starting off as a bad mother

~ I'm already starting off as a bad mother. Damn I thought I'd at least have time before it was born.

"Ms. Caddel your baby is fine." The doctor informs. I let out a breath I'd been holding in for a while now.

"I advise you don't try anything like that again. You're still very early along in your pregnancy so it is easier to loose a child. You're both very lucky you got her here in time."

"Can I still travel, like get on a plane?"

I hear Elijah scoff but I don't comment on it because I'm blaming his attitude on the alcohol.

"How early on exactly are you trying to leave?"

"Three days from now."

"If you get plenty of rest and keep from doing anything strenuous then I don't see why not."

She wiped the gell and I sat up a bit still looking at my bruised belly. I look over at Elijah and see him staring at the same spot so I pulled my shirt down.

"Thank you Dr. Cassidy."

"You're welcome. I'll inform your family that they can come and see you now."

She left the room and I got up grabbing my sweater. I folded it to fit inside my backpack. The space felt suffocating, and the silence was getting to me.

"Elijah?" He didn't say anything hell he hasn't spoken to me since leaving the dorm. I walked over towards him. I was standing in front of him, in his line of vision but he wouldn't even glance at me.

"Elijah I'm talking to you." I say trying to touch his face. He flinched back and grabbed my arm. It happened so fast and I was taken back because he's never reacted that way towards any of my touches, he actually prefers me touching him.

"Why would you do that?" He asks me finally looking up at me. His eyes were red almost like he was holding back tears.

"It was an accident."

"You have to think about these things Mercy, you can't just do shit on impulse anymore. Not when it endangers our baby. What would have happened if it was worse than what it was?"

Something about him saying "our baby" brought tingles to my stomach but I pushed that down for a moment and focused back on our conversation.

"Elijah I'm sorry, okay I just forgot for a moment but it's okay. We're fine."

"This is my fault, I shouldn't have gotten drunk. This shit wouldn't have even happened."

I wasn't going to tell him otherwise he's right he shouldn't have gotten drunk but it wasn't all his fault. I knew better than to do what I did, I don't know what happened.

"It wasn't just your fault but what happened today? You've been out of it since this morning."

"...it's just been a long day. It had nothing to do with you, and I am sorry about this morning I didn't mean to come off as rude."