𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

~ Tick

~ Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

"Can someone turn that damn thing off?!"

"Sorry!" Brody says grabbing the clock from the wall and taking out its batteries.

"Thank you." I breathed trying to focus on anything else but the cramping in my lower abdomen and back. I woke up feeling like shit and everything is just pissing me off to the point where I'll flash at a clock. 

You'd think that your babies would be a little bit nicer to their mother when I'm the one doing all the work to keep them happy but nooooooo. No, I gets no thanks, no love, no respect, no nothing.

I rocked back and forth on the couch trying to alleviate my pain.

"Are you sure you're okay? Should I call the doctor?"

I grab ahold of the hand on my stomach basically squeezing it in a death grip. "No. No doctors Elijah. You called them already, it's normal honey so stop asking me that."

"Are you about to snap on me?" He asks, pouting at me. "Because if so just let me know first so I don't get my feelings hurt."

Eli genuinely looks sad. I've been being a bitch to him since we woke up and honestly the after effect of me snapping at him makes me want to cry. It's not like I want to be bitchy towards him, I just don't understand why I'm so mean today.

I cut his hair shorter and he looks gorgeous, so perfect. I can still run my fingers through it and pull it but I can't put it in a bun anymore.

"Mercy have you tried peppermint tea? My mom used to drink it when she was pregnant, she says it helps soothe babies."

"I don't drink tea. It's disgusting and I'm really not interested in puking anymore today."

I cooked everyone breakfast and I couldn't even eat it. I was in the mood for some teriyaki chicken and rice with mixed vegetables.

"I'm going to run to the store and grab your snacks that you want. Is there anything else that you need while I'm out?"

"I placed an order at that Chinese place we talked about. You can stop there on your way back and get it. I made sure to order for everyone meaning. Don't. Ask. For mine." I say loud enough for everyone to get the memo because they eat my food like I'm not eating for four or something.

I'm not stingy, I have no problem with sharing just not today. Today is a me day, everything is just for me including the tub of ice cream in the freezer.

"I'll be back, call me if you think of anything else. Okay?"

"Yup. Although my phone is upstairs and I'm not going get it."

"I'll get it." He says squeezing my thigh and leaves going upstairs.

"Brody."

"Yes?!"