~𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛~

~ Moving forward in life is something that you have to do

~ Moving forward in life is something that you have to do. No matter how hard it may be for yourself and those around you. It has to happen.

As I strapped all three of my kids into their car seats in the back seat of my truck I felt good. About the move and doing something not only for me but for them as well. Closing the door, I turned to see my mother crying.

"You know it's only temporary right?"

"I know, I know it's just so hard." She cried pulling me in for a hug.

"It's just a vacation mom."

"Who goes on vacation for a year?"

Me and my girlfriend. I figured we need it. After everything we have to leave, Mercy can't even sleep in the penthouse without having a panic attack and I don't think it's safe. Sure the cops arrested the man who gave the girl the key but I don't trust it.

"Can't you at least leave Onyx?"

"Mercy will castrate me if I do that. You know she loves that damn dog and besides it wouldn't be us if we didn't have him around." I told her. I couldn't leave him, it wouldn't feel right.

Sighing I hugged her. Mercy came out of the house with Alijah on her hip. "Nathan is currently crying in the house, thought I should let you know before he tries an deny it." She tells us.

I take my sister hugging her and kissing her goodbye. "I'm going to miss you Beauty." I tell her. She could speak mostly small words and yet all she does is smile and spit bubbles. "I'll call you everyday, and I'll even buy you toys. You'd like that?"

"Bubba, Eli." She grins— her spit covered hand patting my cheek. Sighing I gave her to Liz. I get enough spit from my own kids.

"We'll miss you both."

"I'll miss you too. We'll be back for Alijah's birthday even if I have to drag him here." Mercy laughs. "We love you guys."

"Aug—Auggie." Alijah whines reaching for Mercy.

"Aww, she's going to make me cry. I'm going to miss you too sweetie, so much." She says kissing her head softly. "Be nice to your mommy, okay."

My sister starts to cry when she realizes Mercy isn't taking her with. I open the truck door for her to get in despite her tears. They'll be okay, it isn't permanent.

I waved goodbye to my parents again when Nathan finally comes out of the house. His eyes red from the crying Mercy said he was doing. Pulling on my seatbelt I looked back at my three, Illias chewing on his fingers. Inaaya shaking that rattle that I'm tempted to throw out the truck and Isaias staring out the window sucking his pacifier.

I then looked over at Mercy. She takes out the formula and three baby bottles ready to prepare them. "Should I wait until you're done?"

"No we can leave. I got this, thank you though."

Taking her word for it I pull out of the driveway and onto the street. She did in fact have it. Mercy's gotten so good being a mother, it's like instinct to her now. Ever since that day, she hasn't taken her eyes off of them for more than an hour and she's always ready to take care of their every whim.

This move is supposed to help her loosen up a bit but I know that won't happen right away. It's also because she starts school again in a week and she wants to live closer to campus. The great thing about this is that we aren't moving somewhere we haven't already lived or gotten accustomed to.

New York.

Kisan died like two months ago and his company is also in the area. It's time I figure that out as well. When I look at it everything just sort of came together just in time. She can go to school, I can work on getting the company back on track.

As for our friends. Daphne went home for a while seeing as her and Brody are taking a break. He got accepted into a school for acting, it's something he's always wanted to do. Addison— well she's still trying to figure out what she wants in life. Leaving her behind is hard but we talked and she'll always be my best friend no matter what.

Eliza is currently on vacation in Barbados, she sends a postcard every week.

I sold the beach house, my tattoo shop is employed by trusted friends. I'm opening the one in New York soon. I also sold my old car, didn't see a need for it anymore. I want to start over, with my family.

I placed my hand on Mercy's thigh giving it a squeeze. "Are you ready for this?"

"Am I ready for what? To get the hell away from here, of course."

"No, I mean we're completely on our own now. It's just us five. No parents, or friends just us."

She placed her hand over mine and leaned over kissing the side of my mouth. "I'm ready for whatever as long as it's with you." She smiled.

I tried to wipe the smile from my face but it was useless. "Are you trying to hide your beautiful smile from me?" She gasped pulling my hand.

"No. No, there was just something on my face." I lied.

"There is nothing on your face."

"Yeah, because I wiped it off."

"Uhm okay, I'll pretend to believe you then." She laughed hooking her phone up to the auxiliary cord.

You'd think she was about to play her famous Tory Lanez playlist but no. Instead we're listening to a children's melody to put the babies to sleep.

Her hand found mine— fingers lacing with each others. I brought her hand to my lips kissing it. "Thank you."

"For what?" She smiled.

"I don't know... I'll let you know when I figure it out. Until then just, thank you."

"You're so weird Elijah." She laughs. "But I love you."

"I love you too."

And I meant it. I'll always mean it. No matter what, she's my forever. If I had to explain why I'm thanking her now it'd take a lifetime. I rather prove to her my thanks instead, even if it takes a lifetime.

The end