~𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘~

~ I never knew the literal meaning of exhaustion

~ I never knew the literal meaning of exhaustion. Sure I've been tired but this was another level of it. The days in the hospital past quicker than I noticed. I've been so focused on the babies and trying to get my strength back that time wasn't on my mind.

I sat on the bed the early morning light coming through the room window. The boys were wide awake laid in front of me while Eli packed out bags. We're getting the hell out of here. I passed all my tests and checkups, my stitches although still not fully healed aren't that bad anymore. Of course they still hurt but it's bearable.

It'll take about 2 to 3 months before I'm actually fully recovered.

I finished buttoning up my shirt before tossing my curls into a quick bun. Sliding my feet into my sandals I stood up testing the waters. Just as I'm getting up Illias spits his pacifier from his mouth, crying as if it's my fault. I got to know my kids and it's like we can automatically tell how their personalities are going to be.

Illias is definitely Elijah's twin. Yup, the kid is going to be just like him. "You know, you can't cry every time you spit out your bibby. That's like me crying because I got pregnant, it's not your fault, so you wouldn't want me crying like it is right."

My son whimpers his little lip shaking as I pick him up. "Right, you're like mommy shut the hell up." I give him back what he wants and his hand balls into my shirt. Isaias on the other hand loves the sound of his parents voices. He's calm except when he's hungry or sleepy but that's every baby. His eyes roam around curiously, his arms spread next to his head.

"I think your son is shitting." He's making that face that Elijah makes whenever he's shitting.

Eli laughs. "Why is he only my son when it's time to change his diaper?"

"Because, you do it better— and faster than me." I say just making something up as I go.

He hums picking up Isaias. He was so hesitant to hold them when they first came but now he's not. I caught him last night balancing the boys in both his hands. I damn near caught a heart attack. Inaaya is just a straight up daddy's girl. No questions asked about it, she's obviously going to fight me behind her daddy I can already see it.

Our nurse enters the room. She greets us a Good morning before handing me my forms to sign so we'd be able to leave. I set Illias in his car seat Elijah buckling them both in.

I couldn't help but notice the amount of times Elijah checks the seat belts making me and the nurse laugh. "Babe I think they're good. It's not getting any safer than that."

"I know it's just better safe than sorry."

"My husband is exactly the same. We had our first six months ago and me and my mom used to laugh at him all the time. Dads are very protective of their newborns." She took the signed forms from me. "That's it, you're all good to go. Congratulations, we'll be seeing you again for their one month checkups."