𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

~ There are certain things in life that you just never expect to happen

You don't expect that you'll grow up to be some recovering drug addict. You don't expect to loose a parent because you weren't born the right gender... you definitely don't fucking except to loose a child.

"Ms. Caddel can you explain to me when you realized that your son was missing?"

I wiped my eyes that are sore from crying and looked up at the cop. I've been through this enough times today and it's like we're getting nowhere.

I sighed hearing my babies crying in the hands of my mothers. I looked over towards them hoping to calm them down but it didn't work— they won't stop unless it's me or their father.

"Ms. Caddel?"

"Yeah...I'm sorry, give me a minute."

"Of course."

Getting up from the couch I walked into the dining room. We've been at Elizabeth's house since this morning. Elijah's at the police station and everything's just not going right. I grabbed Inaaya from Gen, holding my little girl against my chest.

"She's warm, should we check her temperature?"

"It's from all the crying." I sniffled. "Her colic is worse than the boys." I rubbed her back and grabbed the pacifier clipping it to her onesie. "If you want you can let Nathan hold him, he's good with his grandfather."

My mother gave me a sympathetic look. I just kiss Illias on the forehead, my heart breaking the longer I hear them cry. Going back into the living room I sat down with the cop ready to get this over with. The past almost four months has been so stressful.

Taking care of three babies at once is draining. It's tiring and exhausting. I'm always so tired at the end of the day and I can't help but think that this is all my fault. We fell asleep early last night and I forgot our monitor in the livingroom. If I'd have just paid attention to it, none of this would have happened.

"I'm sorry, what was your question?"

"It's fine, I understand." He sympathized. "I was wondering, would you be able to explain to me when you realize that your son was missing?"

"It's like I told the other guy... I woke up and our room door was closed, it's never closed anymore, not since I had the babies so I got up and checked—." My voice broke, my throat feeling constricted. The more I think about it the more I feel like dying. "...he was gone. He wasn't in his crib, his diaper bag is missing. He's just gone."

"Do you believe that someone may have reason to want to kidnap your child?"

I scoffed fixing Inaaya in my arms. "Why would someone want to kidnap my son? What did I do to make them feel they had to do that— what the fuck makes it right to just... I don't know why, I don't care why. I just want someone to bring him back."