~𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗~✨

~It's been four long days since that night and things have been going surprisingly good with me and Elijah despite the girl in our room

~It's been four long days since that night and things have been going surprisingly good with me and Elijah despite the girl in our room. I've been going to class even though I mostly sleep through them and I've even heard from my mother again. They should be arriving sometime this afternoon.

I won't be leaving but I do want to spend the day with them and give her Jason's painting. Walking around the room trying to clean and grab any dirty clothes— I have to constantly pick up behind Hazel who's been living out of the living room.

"Can you please move your feet?" I'm vacuuming and she's in the way.

"You can just go around."

"That's half assed cleaning so move before I run you over."

She scoffed and put her feet up on the table. The same table I'd just wiped down. "Whatever." Finishing up and grabbing my keys and bag I make sure I have enough money on me before going to leave.

"Where are you going?!"

I sigh and turn to look at her. "Hazel it's Friday. You've been here longer than me you should know today is the only wash day you get out of the week."

"And you weren't going to ask me if I need anything clean?!"

"Well I'm not your mother... Or your maid."

"Fine, give me a minute and we'll go together."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Nonsense, we should do things like this together. It's what girls do."

Do we? I don't really know and I don't want to spend time with her either. She rushed around the room gathering herself and her things before coming from my room with a basket full of clothes. Yes, she leaves her shit in my room. I've asked Elijah to let her bother him but he refuses to even stay in a room with her for longer than an hour.

He so say had something to do but we all know that's a lie. I'm even washing his shit because it seems everyone has forgotten what today is. Every Friday back home me and moms would clean and give the maids a break. It helps me feel organized and sane. Dirt makes me feel like dirt.

Getting into the elevator we made it to the fourth floor and walked down the corridor to the Landry room that was no doubt packed. Voices filed the room but when we walked in everything seemed to still and quiet down.

"Fuck you bitches looking at?" Hazel murmured.

I sigh walking further away from her and to the back. Doing my business and loading two machines I bumped into Hazel going to turn around. The laundry detergent fell to the floor wasting everywhere.