~𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘~

~ wiping the blurry mirror dry with the sleeve of my shirt I fixed the ring in my nose straight that had fell out during my shower

~ wiping the blurry mirror dry with the sleeve of my shirt I fixed the ring in my nose straight that had fell out during my shower. It was an impulse decision, I was drunk and depressed.

Brushing my teeth I then hit the lights before getting into bed. Sometimes I like to imagine that she's down the hall and all I have to do is get up and she'll be there. Unfortunately that's not the case

Turning over I pulled the covers up and over my head already hearing the footsteps trailing towards the room. The door opens slightly and I close my eyes and stop breathing

"Do you think he's sleep?" Abigail asks

"No I think he's sleep. Bade don't be stupid, clearly he's sleeping."

"What the hell are you two doing?" Brody whisper yells but still he's loud

"You three shouldn't be in here." Daphne scolds. "Leave him alone and go do something with yourselves. Clearly the man doesn't want to be bothered."

God I love that girl. She's the only normal one. The only one who minds her damn business. I hear all three of them groan and complain before the door closes again. Pulling the covers off I jump once seeing Daphne still in the room. I take that back she doesn't mind her damn business

"Elijah."

"...Daphne."

"You can't keep doing this." She says moving closer towards the bed and sitting on the edge "it's been a month and from what Dalia and Genesis say all you do is sleep and go to the hospital."

"That's not true." I say sitting up

"Okay then when was the last time you've been out."

"This morning-

"I mean someplace other than the hospital and the tattoo shop... Mercy wouldn't want you to stay cooped up in the house you have to get out."

"And do what Daph? I have nothing to do."

She sighs adjusting her clear glasses "you could always consider coming back to the academy with us next week. I'm sure your team-"

"I quit, I don't play football anymore."

"See! That's what I'm talking about, why would you do that?"

"I can't be in New York and California at the same time clearly they needed someone who they could depend on and that's not me."

"I'm going to be honest with you Elijah because you're my friend and I care about you... what you're doing now is dumb. You think just putting off school and then dealing with it when your work piles up is going to continue working. It won't and sooner or later it will hurt you. You have to put yourself first in some things, I promise you Mercy will not hate you for living your life, hell she would probably be upset if you didn't."