𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

~The sounds of Onyx's barking woke me up this morning

~The sounds of Onyx's barking woke me up this morning. Sadly I was the only one seeing as Elijah took his meds last night so waking him up would take more than a few barks.

After pulling on some decent clothes I grabbed his leash and we took the elevator downstairs. A few minutes of fresh air would do him some good so I gave in today. We walked up and down the sidewalk thrice before I grew tired really wishing I didn't spend my entire night binge watching my anime collection.

Walking back to the building Thompson opened the door and he gave Onyx a head scratch that made him really happy. Parting ways my morning mood grew sour real fast and I ain't talking about because of my nausea.

Novilie was waving at me from across the building. She started running my way her smile bright for some reason. My pup doesn't get angry, he only gets sad when his daddy calls him a mutt so it was shocking when he started growling.

The younger girl stopped in her tracks before getting to close. Probably afraid he'd bite her ass. "Onyx calm down... She's not worth it." I mumbled that last part. He whined but listened sitting down beside my feet.

"Hey, August."

"Novilie, good morning. What can I help you with?"

"I just wanted to let you know how sorry I was about what happened between us that day. I was out of line and I shouldn't have done or said anything for the matter."

I nodded humming my response. Growing up around a lot of bullshit gave me the ability to tell when someone is bullshitting me. I'll play along if that's what gets her to stay the hell away from me though.

"I accept your apology."

"Really?! Oh that's amazing, I'd like for us to be great friends."

"I have enough friends and I'm not really looking nor am I interested in making new ones."

Her smile dimmed her eyes turning hard. She quickly tried to cover that up waving me off with her hand. "That's fine as well, no hard feelings. Right?"

My gaze was solely fixed on the book in her hands. "What're you reading there?"

She held it up. "Oh this? It's nothing."

I grabbed it reading the hardcover. "The ultimate encyclopedia of knots and ropes... you learning how to tie a knot?"

"Well not anymore, kinda lost interest. Can you tie a knot?"

"No." I shook my head going to open it. "We're more into handcuffs."

She snatched the book back laughing, me joining along with her. This little bitch did not just snatch that from me.

"It'll probably just end up under my other junk."

"What made you decide you even had a little interest in learning how to do it?"

"...well- my, uhm my boyfriend-"