Forever means nothing

Warning:
Blood
Angst
Death of a character

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immortality existed, people had found a way to earn Immortality or just earned it.
Some were not so lucky and stayed with mortality, watching as time passed till there death.
Two beings were very lucky to earn Immortality, falling in love soon after.
The two just spent all of their time with one another, they had small fights from time to time but continued to love one another.
Others had been jealous of their relationship and knew they couldn't destroy it or kill one of them.
But one faithful day had changed the impossible.

"Come on!" The norski said, having a hold onto the brit's hand and guiding him.
The two had planned to go on a picnic date, the brit holding onto the basket and blanket.
"There's no rush Darling, we have all the time in the world." The brit said, chuckling lightly.
"I know, but I want to pick a good spot." He insisted, still guiding the brit towards the park.
"Well, how about near the pond you love so much. We can feed the ducks some fruits." The brit offered, the norski had nodded.
"Glad to know your keeping up with how bad bread is for ducks." The norski said with a small smirk.
"Just for you Darling." The brit said, pulling the other closer and give him a peck on the lips.
The norski's cheeks flushed as he looked away, he didn't expect that.
"Let's just get to the park." The norski said, letting go of the brit's hand and walking ahead on the dirt path.
"Awe, you can't be upset for me stealing a kiss." The brit said, trying to catch up a little.
"Save the loving and kissing for the date." The norski said, he continued walking.

Feet crunching against dirt and small rocks as the two made it towards the park.
It was not usually packed by people and multiple perfect spots, they just needed one close to the pond.
"How about there?" The norski asked, pointing to a spot that was near a tree and close to the pond.
"Good eye, let's go set up." The brit said, the two began to walk on over.
The two each took a side to the blanket to put it up into the air and gently settling it to the ground.
The norski sat down with the brit, getting everything out from the picnic basket.
A peaceful breeze blew by and stirred the tree to wave a little.
The two had noticed ducks come close as they tossed fruit for them to eat.
They talked for hours on memories and things that had happened when they were away from eachother.
"Wait, so he did what?" The brit asked through mid laughter.
"He somehow set the inside of a public bathroom toilet a blaze!" The norski said, the two laughed.
"How do you set the inside of the toilet on fire!?" The brit questioned through his fit of laughter.
Soon the two had calmed down, letting out small giggles.
"I wonder if we would of grew old together if we weren't immortal." The norski said, the brit smiled softly.
"Of course." The brit responded.

"Finally, it's completely finished." A man had said, having enough of people being immortal.
He himself was unlucky to have been mortal on like his many friends.
Left to deal with growing old alone.
He looked at his work, a makeshift gun.
Supposed to kill anyone with Immortality, he would head to the park and use it there.
The targets were the immortal couple, to ruin their relationship like how ruined his life has been.
Picking up the makeshift gun and walking towards the door, the man continued.
Going outside in the bright sunlight, the stains on his shirt from using oil and such to make such a weapon.
Feeling unstoppable to anyone who dared crossed his path.
Walking down the dirt path and towards the park.
Eye's fuming with anger as his eyebrows went down, his nose scrunched with disgust when seeing the couple.
Waiting for a good target on one of them, then watching as the norski got up to use the bathroom.
Taking the weapon and pointing it directly, the eyeless brit had noticed.
Hurrying up and trying to make it in time to help his love.
The man smirked, pulling the trigger as it was fired.

The norski watched as the brit cut in front of him.
"Tom, is something wrong?" The norski asked, watching the brits face scrunched up in pain.
"Your safe, right?" The brit asked, the norski grew worried.
"Tom, Love? What is wrong?" He asked in a frantic.
"It's nothing." The brit responded.
The norski looked towards the ground, crimson red painted the green grass below.
"Are, you bleeding?" The norski asked, they were immortal and yet his love was bleeding in front of him.
"No, no, I'm okay. You just need to get somewhere safe." The brit instructed, the pain was too much as he fell to his knees.
"No! I'm not leaving you." The norski crouched down and tried to stop the bleeding.
Tears weld up in his eye's, his love laid on the ground as blood poured around them.
"Stay with me, okay?" The norski asked, taking his phone from his pocket before it was knocked out of his hand.
"I wouldn't do that." The man stood there, the norski was at gun point.
The man had a huge grin, this was the best moment of his life, a way to stop anyone from being immortal.
"Now, I have a way to end Immortality for good!" The man said, letting out maniacal laughter.
"Your some sick bastard." The norski said, glaring at the man.
The man had then been tackled to the ground, police had arrived and taken the weapon.
The man had then been placed in cuffs, dragged towards a police car.
Sirens blared as an ambulance had just arrived.
The norski held the brit close, blood soaking into his jeans.
Tears rolled down his cheeks as there date was ruined, he watched the paramedics rush over and take his love away.
The beautiful void like eye's had seemed to show nothing in them.
"We're losing him!" One paramedic had yelled, they hurried to save the brit and rush him to the hospital.
The norski had gotten a ride in the ambulance, keeping a hold onto the brit's hand.
It felt cold, ice cold to the touch.
Tears continued to streak down his cheeks as he let out a small sob, his love was dieing.

The norski had sat in the waiting room, panic had settled in the operation room.
The dieing brit was inside, his heart was hurting.
His love was dieing and he didn't want to lose him, he couldn't die to see him.
Being immortal sucked in this situation.
Unless he got a hold of that man's weapon, the police had confiscated though.
A doctor had walked out of the operating room, going to the norski.
Still wearing the blood soaked jeans, his lovers blood.
"Mr. Larksøn." The doctor called, the norski's head had perked up.
"Is he okay!?" He had stood from his chair in a panic, he needed to know that the brit was alright.
"I'm, I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor had said, the realization had hit the norski.
The doctor had sighed and left the norski alone, going to see another patient.
He dropped onto his knees, tears rolled down his cheeks as he let out a choked sob.
The brit couldn't be gone, they were immortal!
Yet Immortality couldn't even save them from death.
Promised to stay with the brit forever, now.

Forever means nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope I didn't make you cry too much.