Illness

The loud sounds of beeping continued in the sickening white room, there laid a norski who was just reading a book for his spare time. His face pale with slight freckles dusted here and there, he looked so tired in the eye's as two tubes were stuck into his nose to help him breathe. He had gotten terribly sick in the past and now he was stuck in a hospital, the doctor's said the cause was lung cancer. He had been stuck in the hospital for about four months and still remembered how he ended up in the boring room he was in now.

"Tord!" A certain brit had called, he hummed and rushed down some stairs. "Yeah?" He had asked the brit who had sighed and showed a small smile. "You still have to pay my drinks when we get there." The brit said with a smirk. "Yeah, yeah, I know Tom, I have my wallet on m-" The norski was about to finish before harshly coughing. "Woah! You alright commie?" The brit asked and got a nod in return. "Just fine, choked on some air, now let's go!" The norski said and rushed out the door with the brit yelling out a 'hey!' and rushing after the shorter male. The two made it to the bar and had some drinks, the norski noticed how weaker he felt but brushed it off. He was listening to Tom's drunk babbling which had him giggle slightly before coughing harshly once again. "Yo-you okay commie?" The brits word slurred. "Mhm! Just fine, let's head home now."

Just like that a month had passed and that day by the start of the new month happened, the norski was just about to head out for a smoke before sudden dizziness happened. He walked back and almost stumbled before bumping into something warm. "Commie? You okay you look pale?" The worried brit asked but the norski had no understanding. "T-Tom?" The norski had watched as the sounds around him faded to nothing, his vision blurring before suddenly he only saw darkness. The brit holding to the limp body had him panicked as he pulled out his phone to dial for an ambulance quickly. He couldn't let his friend die on his watch, there other two roommates had left to visit their families for family meetings which left him and Tord alone since they had nobody to really see or go back to.

The brit teared up, he watched him being taken into the ambulance on a stretcher each paramedic getting everything ready to depart with the norski.

And that was when he awoke back at the hospital and stuck there for months, keeping counting and now at about five now. The norski looked up when hearing the door open, he placed on a small weak smile when seeing the brit there. "Hey, how are you feeling?" The brit asked. "What kind of dumb question is that? I feel like absolute shit." The norski responded and the brit chuckled. "Are you getting any better?" He asked the other who looked down. "More like getting worse, the medication isn't helping either." The norksi said and placed his book aside. "There isn't much to do here either!" The norski huffed in annoyance to the sound of the annoying beeping that constantly went off.

"Well, I got you a gift." The brit said which the norski lit up with happiness. "What is it?" He asked as the brit chuckled and brought out a small switch which was still brand new and in the box. "Here, something you can do then read." The brit said as the norski looked at it in awe. "Thanks Tom!" He said before smirking and pulling him closer to peck his cheek. "I love it." He said with a weak smile that cause the brit to flush heavily. "Didn't know you liked me?" The brit said with a chuckle. "I thought, that maybe I should get it out now or die not telling you." The norski said as the words hit the brit hard. "You are not gonna die!" The brit said which startled the norski. "I will find someone who can replace your lungs to be titled a hero." The brit said which had the norski tearing up. "Tom.." his voice soften as he smiled to the brit.

With that months passed with no success and that was when the brit went up to a nurse. "Is it possible to do a test?" The brit asked as the nurse nodded, taking the brit to another room and him not seeing Tord today. "Alrignt Thomas it is all good, just sign here and will do it" The nurse requested as the brit sighed and signed the paperwork before knowing he had to see Tord one last time. Going down the hall and entering the room, he watched him struggling with a game. "You really liked it, sunshine" The brit said as the norski looked up. "Huh?" He questioned the little nickname. "Your my sunshine." The brit said which made the norski flush slightly and find it so cheesey before hearing Tom sing. "You are my sunshine~" he started. "My only sunshine~" he continued "you make me happy, when skies are grey, you never know dear~ how much I love you." The brit heard the norski's slight giggle which had him smiling. "Please don't take my sunshine away~" The brit finished the song before the two looked at eachother, they grew closer before feeling their breathing on eachothers faces. The brit closed the gap as their lips touched, chapped had met soft as the two of them shared the kiss for around a minute and then pulled away from one another. The two of them breathing heavily before both showing one another a smile. "Love you sunshine." The brit said "I love you too, moondust." The brit flushed from the nickname before attacking Tord's face with peppered kisses which caused the norski to giggle. "Tom! I can't take all this love!" The norksi said through fits of giggles when the brit pulled back. "Well I have great news!" He said which had the norski confused. "I found someone! Your going to be just fine Tord!" The brit said through small happy tears which had the norski tearing up as well. He was so happy to hear the news and showed a smile.

The procedure was finished, the norski was in recovery but hadn't seen Tom anywhere so he asked a nurse. "Excuse me, have you noticed if Tom was around?" He asked as the nurse's look soften. "Who did you think was the one who replaced their lungs with yours." The nurse said as the norski's eye's widen, it couldn't of have been but it had. He watched a stretcher being carried out with most of the blanket covering the body but small bit of the bodies face could be seen, it was Tom. He felt his heart ache seeing the one who made him happy in this disgusting clean hospital was the one who had perished on helping him with his lung problem.

The norski had soon left the hospital and entered the home where he found it empty but heard the distant voices of his other two roommates who which one was crying for the loss of a friend and the other comforting the other. The norski just left to his room, he teared up and had missed the eyeless alcoholic brit, the norski soon left his room as he knew Tom's body was already buried six feet under ground. He made his way to the close cemetery where held the grounds keeper just finishing the job of burying the body of his love. He walked over to it and sat in front of the grave, there sat a picture of Tom and a white rose. Tord placing a bottle of Tom's favorite liquor and taking out two glasses, tears threatened to spill. "H-hey Tom, you didn't have to sacrifice yourself for me, they co-could of found someone else." The norski had hot tears rolling down his cheeks as he poured the drink into one cup but not the other. "I won't pour a cup for you, I know how much you love to drink from the bottle." The norski said with a saddened smile, he looked so much better but the face of Tom when he became a corspe came to his brain. The void like eye's now held nothing in them to him while the skin color was much paler and would probably be going cold. "They told me you died on the operating table, I'm surprised I even survived." He spoke to nothing.

The norski chugged his cup of alcohol, hot tears rolled down his cheeks and he had no way to stop them, no matter how many times he wiped them away. He looked at the grave and gave to a sad smile, the song that now broke him when he heard it, the song that Tom sang to him. "Y-you are my sunshine~" he started. "My only su-sunshine." He almost messed up. "You make me ha-happy when skies are grey, you never know dear! How much I l-love you~" he was almost finished as he sniffled and looked down "pl-please don't t-take my su-sunshine away.." he finished and let out a sob.