Luna hesitantly goes to speak, but stops herself as if she weren't entirely sure if you were both in the clear.

"Sorry." You mutter.

"It's alright.." she shrugs, not asking what that was about.

"It's just.. I don't want him worrying about me, you know? He's a bit overprotective, as well as Professor Lupin. I also don't want anybody else making a big deal out of this." You sigh. Though technically not lying, you still felt bad about keeping some of this from your friend. She even went out of her way to bring you your homework.

"I understand. My father would be quite worried too. Especially after my mother. I won't tell anybody." She softly replies, looking at you.

You not in appreciation, smiling gratefully.

"Now, I must be off. I need to feed the Thestrals. I promised them that I would come back, but I wasn't able to yesterday because Neville needed help with his homework." She says, grabbing her brown satchel as she stands up.

You smile at her generosity and involvement with the odd animals.

"Thanks again, Luna. Bye." You say.

"Goodbye, Y/n." She replies, before stepping behind the curtain.

~

It was now two days after the incident and you were still extremely exhausted and a bit pale. There was only so much blood replenisher you could take at a time and Madam Pomfrey was getting worried about your worsening condition.

"Y/n!" A familiar voice calls out.

Your eyes widen and you cringe at the sharp tone. Based on the deeper voice, it was obviously Professor Snape. The sound of two other sets of footsteps are behind him.

"Y/n?" Another, yet softer male voice, follows the shout.

"Remus, Severus. Please be calm." You hear McGonagall say, yet her voice urgent.

You can tell by her more dainty footsteps that she is struggling to keep up with the long and hurried strides of the other two men.

"Do not tell me to be 'calm', Minerva. You and Dumbledore lied to me." The man hisses back, the clacking of his black dress shoes getting louder.

"Why didn't you tell us she was here, Minnie? Had Severus not been kind enough to inform me, I wouldn't have even known she was here."

So Snape did figure it out. Shocker.

"She asked us to keep it a secret." McGonagall solemnly replies.

Two pairs of footsteps suddenly halt against the tiled floor and the male voices lower. A lighter pair of footsteps follow in suit, before joining them in stillness.

"Why would she feel the need to keep it a secret? I thought this was simply a cold." Professor Lupin says.

The softer, yet quick, footsteps of the sandy-haired man are heard directly on the other side of the curtain.

You swear under your breath as he begins to pull back the curtain. You were extremely tempted to shout "I'm naked!" to keep him from entering.