"Hello, Y/n." A familiar dreamy voice says.

The curtain is slightly pulled back and Luna Lovegood steps through, her blonde hair flowing behind her as she turns around to pull the curtain closed.

"Hi, Luna." You softly say, smiling at her light voice.

"I brought you your schoolwork." she smiles, putting some papers and stacks of books on the nightstand.

"I also made you this." she says, handing you a necklace.

"It's supposed to quicken your healing process and release a happy aura. Plus, the beads are purple. Purple suits you very well, Y/n." She simply states, taking a seat next to you.

You smile at the gift and slowly pull it over your head, careful to not upset the wounds on your torso. You twist the small glass vial on your neck as you slightly shake it back and forth. It looks to be filled with a type of red sand and a sort of herb. It has a cork to keep it from spilling out. On either side of the vial are two purple beads slid onto the string.

"Thank you, Luna. This was very thoughtful of you." You smile, dropping your hand back down.

She nods and sits up straight, her hands on her knees as she looks around the little area set up for you. Her bright eyes scan every surface carefully, her radish earrings swaying back and forth.

"I am sorry that you are sick. Are you at least comfortable in here?." She asks, turning her gaze to you.

You slightly shrug with a sad smile.

"Thanks, Luna. It's alright. Certainly not my dorm, but comfortable enough." You reply.

The sound of a familiar male voice and Madam Pomfrey discussing something not too far away from the curtain makes you tense up.

Luna goes to say something and you quickly hold up your index finger to your lips, gesturing for her to be quiet.

"Yes, Poppy. Do let me know if you need anything else."

"Of course, Severus. Thank you."

It was Professor Snape- likely dropping off a potion.

You tensely wait for him to leave, clutching your blankets. You hear his footsteps and just when you think he is gone, his voice speaks up.

"Poppy, you don't happen to know the whereabouts of Y/n Y/l/n?" The man lowly asks. You can imagine him slightly lifting a brow.

There is a long silent pause.

"No, I have not. I am sure she is just fine. Sometimes we all need a mental health day." Madam Pomfrey finally replies, sounding as nonchalant as possible. That woman was good.

But likely not good enough to fool Severus Snape.

Despite not being able to see his face, you can imagine that he is able to smell the bullshit in that reply from a mile away.

"Very well." He murmurs, his footsteps receding.

You sigh and your arms go limp, releasing your tight hold on the white blankets.