Chapter 123

Author's Note
Okay, I am determined to finish this one day, even if I am on my deathbed. I realized that I suck with writing a book in 1st POV (I need a lot of practice before I attempt to write a book in 1st POV, maybe one day...), so no more of Aiyla's POV unless there is a need for it once or twice, but the rest of the book will be written like how I used to write it before. Yikes, I need to edit this book so bad... It's a mess.

Thank you. Enjoy reading. Forgive me for the long wait.

...

One of the head servants from the kitchen was passing by them with a tray in her hand, "Did you finish sending the dinner to my chamber?" Aiyla asked her.

MahMelek stopped aside Aiyla as she heard her questioning the lady.

"Yes, Aiyla Hatun." She replied.

MahMelek quickly questioned her, "Who was there?"

"Only Gevher Hatun."

MahMelek seemed to worry again, "How are you so sure?"

"My lady, I was just there." The lady replied quietly to MahMelek.

She quickly added, "Terken Hatun seemed to be going outside if that is who you are looking for, MahMelek Hatun. I saw her from one of the kitchen windows not long ago."

"Where exactly was she?" MahMelek asked.

"I just saw her exiting through the door that leads outside. I am not sure where she went exactly."

Aiyla gestured for the lady to leave and then turned to MahMelek, "MahMelek, your mother is not a toddler. She is well aware of how to get back to the chamber. Let's go back before she returns." She spoke as she started to walk, but MahMelek was still standing in place.

"MahMelek?" Aiyla called out to her.

"You want me to go back? What if something happens to my mother outside? What if the traitor forced her to go outside as a diversion for him to escape with that prisoner?"

Aiyla was speechless. MahMelek was just coming up with one thing after another.

She finally looked straight at Aiyla, "If you were in my position, would you just let your mother stay outside without at least checking up to see if she was fine?"

That caused Aiyla to stir in motion, "Okay, we can check, but I do not have anything on me except a small dagger. Also, my headdress is in my room. I only have this scarf covering my hair."

"It's okay; we will check on my mother and return quickly." She spoke as she started to walk, but she stopped and twirled around, "Aiyla, why do you even need to tag along? I am not a baby." She reasoned.

"Either I come along with you, or we both go back to the chamber and wait for your mother patiently."

She did not bother arguing and kept walking towards one of the exits, making Aiyla follow her. Aiyla was already exhausted from all this.

Oddly, no one was around. It seemed deserted.

They left towards the pathway that led to the stable; Aiyla stopped and looked sorrowfully in the direction where Aslan rested.

MahMelek kept looking around, but Terken Hatun was nowhere that was visible to their eyes.

"Maybe she went back inside?" Aiyla spoke while hugging herself from the cold air.

"Something is telling me she is still outside," MahMelek mumbled.

"We were supposed to stay put, MahMelek. Our Sultan warned us not to cause trouble." Aiyla replied.