Chapter 85

Tapar kept beating the crap out of Rüstem after he ordered all the guards away, he was putting all his anger out on him. Tapar didn't want anyone stopping him, he wanted Rüstem to pay for all the time they spent chasing after him

Rüstem was in great pain but remembered that this was the end of the road, that his own brother had caught him and brought him to his doom.

He closed his eyes, remembering that he was the reason his mother left this world.

She was better off dead in his eyes, deep down it pained him every time she cried or was beaten up, but he was always remembered that she could have saved him and her from such fates from the beginning if she had mustered the courage, the resentful feelings ruined his chance at happiness.

The Batini would have never left her alone, even if Arslantash devoted his life protecting her because she knew too much in her own way, she would have been an obstacle to their success.

Meanwhile, Aiyla was all alone, she had peeked at her wound the second day after she was brought to this home. She was happy that her stab wound healed fully which meant she could finally fight using her weapons without being scared that she would delay the healing process of her stab wound.

Of course, the poison running in her veins still made her feel weak but she fought off the exhaustion to the best of her ability. Aiyla hadn't slept well in so long, nightmares haunted her whenever she closed her eyes to rest, but she tried to rest at least for a bit.

Time passed by, but Rüstem never went back to see Aiyla. She had enough food and supplies, even money was available for her to use which made her feel grateful that she wasn't out in the streets seeking shelter.

But Aiyla was lonely, she wanted to see all her loved ones.

She sighed as she got up from where she was sitting. She went to make sure that the doors were secured and that the traps were in place in case someone attempts to break inside the home, finally she made her way to the washroom so she could bathe in peace.

Aiyla allowed her hair to air dry instead of using a towel to dry it. She wore a simple gown as she put her dirty clothes to the side so she could wash them later.

As Aiyla hummed a tune, she began fixing the pillows in the seating area.

She remembered how Rüstem ended up coming back after moments of leaving her that day, he told her that this house had become her home, that it was her choice if she wanted to stay there after she was fully healed or if she would leave to somewhere else but that it will always remain a safe house for her to come back to in the future.

Aiyla decided to stay in the house unless there was a need for her to leave it in the near future.

A knock made Aiyla freeze in her spot, quickly she covered her head with a scarf.

She grabbed her dagger as she went close to the door.

Ya Rabbi, don't let me suffer even more!