Chapter 80

"I'm staying here alone, I still don't trust you fully, well, at least not to the point where I could trust you enough to stay nearby." Aiyla announced.

Rüstem rolled his eyes playfully while whispering to himself, "Good thing you trusted me enough to let me save you..."

"You said something?" Aiyla spoke up.

He shook his head, "No, I'm just thinking about things."

"That's good to hear, that means you're thinking about righting your wrongs...You must tell them the truth, on how you and your people played a trap that night and that I was the victim in it. You have to go please, I've been away for too long and-" Aiyla was caught off by Rüstem.

"I can't do that, Aiyla."

"Why not?"

"Oh please, for a moment think about my situation, I can't just walk in the palace and ask to speak with Sultan Meliksah. I'll get my throat slit before I can reach the throne room!" He shouted.

Aiyla was startled as she stepped back a bit, she then realized something.

"The spy is close to His Majesty? You said you will get your throat slit before reaching the throne room..." Aiyla asked.

She wanted to know who the hell were they trying to save from being discovered to the point that she had to pay the price. 

Rüstem spoke softly this time, "I'm a wanted man, everyone wants to catch me and bring me to the Sultan for punishment. Also, if you know his identity then he will stop at nothing to kill
you. I'm here trying to save you, not get you killed in the process."

Aiyla knew he wasn't going to tell her, but she wanted to know if it was someone from the family.

"Just answer one question then. Is it someone from the royal family?" Her heart was beating fast.

"No, not from the royal family." He cleared away her doubts.

Rüstem looked around making sure everything was good for Aiyla to use, "There's money here, but everything is available for you to use. Just stay here until you're well enough to fight with a sword, then you should leave if you want to stay away from trouble. Go far away, Aiyla. Don't trust anyone easily and live for yourself only, not everyone is worth sacrificing yourself for in this life."

He laughed a little, "I do hope that one day you will forgive me, I'd like to die knowing that there's a small chance that you will forgive me for the pain I caused you."

Aiyla was worried for a split second, "Rüstem, don't do anything harmful to yourself. You can save your mother and then live with her and your brother. Repent and begin a new chapter with your family all reunited."

He looked at her and smiled, "I told you, a happy family reunion is long gone. I have duties to do so I must leave before they catch on to all this or I get caught by the Sultan's soldiers."

Rüstem looked at the door; it was the same door his younger self had imagined a million times, but with his brother by his side, laughing together.

He turned to see Aiyla before his departure, but only to catch her falling to her side a bit.

"Are you okay?!"

Aiyla got away from his hands, "I'm well; it's just that Hazan Hatun hasn't given me the cure for the Batini poison. She wanted to give it to me but only when I stopped taking my other medicine that she was giving me for my stab wound. She didn't want to risk mixing the remedy while I was taking other medicine."

Rüstem sighed in frustration covering his face, the only other cure was found with Chief Da'i only.

"Aiyla, don't leave to go see anyone or any place. I'll take care of everything."

She wanted to question him more but he told her that there's traps in the house and how to activate them in case of an invasion.

He left after he made sure Aiyla was good, he was conflicted with his loyalties and what Aiyla had said about repenting.