Chapter 59

He felt Aiyla get close to him, he sensed her as she was putting something on his sword handle.

"Open your eyes!" Aiyla spoke out gleefully.

Tapar opened them and looked at his sword, there was a wrapped tassel around the handle. It was black and had a small arrow engraved on it.

"I love it but I really want to hear the explanation behind this tassel." Tapar laughed happily.

He had been frustrated after figuring out that EbulKassim was a traitor that had been involved in the ambush that happened but after he saw Aiyla, his frustration disappeared and was replaced with peace.

"The black color on the tassel represents your cloak, the time where I held onto it when we were ambushed on the way back to Isfahan after we retrieved Elçin Hatun. Everytime I see anything black, I remember the safety I felt when I held onto your black cloak that day." Aiyla smiled as she finished explaining.

She spoke up again, "The engraved arrow is a reminder that I took an arrow that was intended for you and that I would do you again if needed to be...You will be like a sharp arrow that can hit any target as long as you keep going in the right direction without giving up halfway. As you fight in your battles against your enemies and traitors remember to reach out for your sword like a swift arrow. If your sword is out of your reach for any reason, you should never give up on trying to grab it."

Tapar looked at her in astonishment and appreciation, he moved closer to her and kissed her forehead gently.

"I will always reach for my sword even if it's far from my reach just for your sake." He told her.

"Not just for my sake, but you must live on. The state will need strong warriors like you to help it rise even more."

"Since when do you worry about the state?" Tapar laughed.

"I worry about anything that you worry about, Tapar."

"Don't worry because I'm not worried at all. I have you to give me peace whenever my worries pile up." He said in a calm tone.

She smiled at Tapar but Aslan started making a bit of noise.

"That most likely meant he's hungry." Aiyla laughed, going close to Aslan.

"You're hungry, Aslan? Don't worry you will be munching on food in no time." Tapar told him as he ran his fingers through Aslan's mane.

Aslan nudged Tapar lightly in a playful manner which made Tapar laugh in amusement.

Gevher was watching the couple from the balcony.

She had been frustrated that Tapar left her immediately after his father told him that Aiyla left for a stroll outside of the palace grounds.

Now, she was even more frustrated after what she witnessed between Tapar and Aiyla, Gevher was mad that Tapar was enjoying his time with someone other than her. Aiyla was only supposed to give Tapar and Gevher the son they wanted and that's all, but now Gevher felt threatened even more by Aiyla's presence around Tapar.