Chapter 71

Author's Note
Heyyyy! I know it's weird since I usually write at the end of the chapter but I wanted to give you all a small warning. Okay, just to let you all know...I'm not the editing expert in my family. That honor goes to my younger sister, she's the one with the nice vocals as well, but I still tried to do a simple edit that goes along a bit with this chapter and the story in general. I know it's not the best and I was hesitant on posting it but I gained a bit of courage so yeah. Sorryyyy.
I sort of edited a photo that contains the cast for my own characters.
Just a reminder, Aiyla's mother passed away when Aiyla was younger so obviously the actress that plays her in my head is young. Also, Aiyla's face in the edit is a bit odd when compared to the actress that plays Aiyla but keep in mind it's because I used the Reface app.
Okay, sorryyyyy for the rant, hope you all enjoy!

<~ ~ ~ ~>

Hazan smiled at Aiyla, feeling pure vibes from the young lady.

As Aiyla pulled away from the hug, she tried sitting up a bit.

"My mother always feared me going into the woods alone..." Aiyla told Hazan Hatun.

Aiyla stopped for a moment as she continued, "She told me she had the same dream every night ever since I was born."

Hazan listened to Aiyla.

"In her dream, she was searching for me. That she had lost me in the woods..."

Aiyla smiled faintly, remembering her sweet mother's face.

"My mother said she kept running through the trees, desperately trying to find me."

Hazan Hatun looked at Aiyla, knowing from her facial expressions that she cared deeply for her mother.

"The ending of the dream always scared her." Aiyla said in a sad tone.

Hazan looked up to Aiyla, trying not to interrupt her.

"But she never gave up searching for me even though she knew how the dream would end." Aiyla said feeling proud of having a mother that didn't give up.

Hazan admired the love and appreciation Aiyla seemed to have for her mother.

"Everytime, at the very end of the dream she finds a grave deep within the woods."

Hazan realized why Aiyla had remembered her mother's dream now.

Aiyla had been truly buried deep within the woods.

Aiyla sighed, "My beloved mother, she had suffered the same nightmare ever since I was born, maybe it was Allah giving her a warning. It really stressed her though..."

"Majority of mothers only want to keep their children safe. Your mother fought to keep you safe, Aiyla." Hazan Hatun told Aiyla.

Aiyla nodded, agreeing with Hazan.

"Now, after everything I have been through I wonder what my mother went through a long time ago..." Aiyla spoke in a heart aching tone.

"Oh, Kizim! Let go of the past. Heal, Aiyla. You must heal, be happy and be healthy. You are too young to remain hurt for the rest of your life." Hazan stressed out.

I should heal. I will heal, InshAllah.

"Why don't you take a walk outside? I'll help you, maybe the sun will help you get better. The stab wound should be almost healed but you're probably still emotionally traumatized but I'm here beside you. You aren't alone."

"Tamam, you are right. I need to get up and take a walk, I need to go back to normal even though I'm not sure what normal looks like anymore."

As Hazan helped Aiyla up, Aiyla felt something was missing.

"Are you okay, Aiyla?" Hazan questioned her.

"No, where's my anklet?" Aiyla screeched as she lifted her gown a bit to see that the anklet was missing from its usual place.

"It has always been on your ankle, Aiyla. Even when I used to keep your body clean, I made sure that your anklet remained where it was."

"I can't lose it! It's very valuable to me."

"Tamam then I'll search the entire room." Hazan announced.

Aiyla helped her search but no anklet was found.

"It must be that man that came asking for healing supplies, he was rather interested in you." Hazan concluded.

"Great, what can't these men leave me alone? One goes and another comes along. Ya Rabbi, am I cursed or what?" Aiyla was frustrated.

She cried as she realized that she really doesn't have the anklet on her anymore and that it's probably with some random idiot miles away.

"Don't cry, Aiyla. Let's go walk in the front of the house a bit." Hazan told her, hoping that the walk would cheer up Aiyla.

Tapar, do you know what happened to me? Did you believe I'm a spy as well? Are you mourning my death or are you hating me now?

Aiyla closed her eyes for a moment as she walked on her own, with little assistance from Hazan Hatun.

While she was walking, Aiyla wondered what everyone else was doing; she thought about Sencer and his mother.

She then remembered everyone else, she even prayed that they wouldn't harm Maryam since she had served Aiyla.

Aiyla feared that they'd assume that Maryam was covering for a spy.