Chapter 36

"Are you really fine on taking Aslan back to the palace instead of waiting for a carriage to bring you?" He asked Aiyla for what felt the hundredth time.

Aiyla chuckled as she was already settled on her beloved horse, "I'd choose Aslan any day." She assured him.

Earlier she had stopped walking towards Aslan as she had rushed to see Sencer after Tapar told her what happened.

Something told him that if he had not told her before they left the tribe then all the progress that happened between them would have gone down the drain.

Aiyla, thanked Sencer again. She was happy that he was found and was being treated properly for his injuries.

She didn't want to leave his side but he told her that he'll be fine and how she shouldn't leave Melik Tapar waiting.

Tapar nodded at Aiyla before turning to go on his horse.

They left the tribe, and Aiyla felt happy to be riding Aslan again; it was a different feeling of freedom.

As they got closer to the palace, they slowed their pace.

Tapar's horse was trotting next to Aslan, Aiyla felt happy and wished that it could continue for longer, but happiness never stays for long.

"I have to report to His Majesty, so you should go straight to the room to change and rest. You could see Seferiye Sultana another time." He told Aiyla.

Though Aiyla appreciated Seferiye Sultana, she was looking forward to seeing someone else she had missed.

"Tamam, I promise you that I'll go change and rest, but I'll see Elçin Hatun prior," Aiyla spoke cheerfully.

Tapar stopped his horse which made Aiyla do the same.

"What's wrong?" Aiyla questioned right away.

"I just can't understand the friendship that you have formed with Elçin Hatun," Tapar said while looking ahead.

Tapar quickly added, "It's best if you don't get attached to her she won't always be around you."

Aiyla wanted to speak again but decided against it; Elçin Hatun meant a lot to her now but she didn't want to mess with the current calm mood between her and her husband.

Melik Tapar stole a glance at Aiyla and noticed how her happy facial expressions turned into gloominess.

They reached the palace and Tapar went to help Aiyla off her horse.

"I'm fine without the help." She had insisted but he helped her get off just in case she felt lightheaded.

"Thank you." She told him as she pulled away from him.

Watching the scene unfold from above was none other than Terken Hatun; she smiled as she sensed someone approaching her.

"Ah, such bad timing you have, Gevher Hatun." She chuckled.

"What are you talking about, Terken Hatun?"

"You missed Melik Tapar helping Aiyla Hatun off her horse. It was like something you hear about in fairytales." She laughed joyfully while she told Gevher.

Terken knew she was causing chaos to erupt with Gevher, so she continued speaking, "Looks like she has Melik Tapar wrapped in her world. It's pretty evident if you pay attention, but you're too busy waiting for everything to slip away from you, Gevher Hatun."

Gevher stood quiet, looking below at Tapar and Aiyla.

Terken smirked in triumph as she started walking away.

Stopping for a moment, "May Allah bless the lovebirds!" Terken commented to irk Gevher Hatun more before leaving.