Chapter 77

"You guys killed her innocent daughter, you monsters! YOU ARE A RUTHLESS MONSTER!" Aiyla told him as she slapped him across the face.

"I deserve that and a million more but I really care for your safety. Tamam, you don't love me like I love you...but regardless if there is a reason for another purpose to my life other than being fully devoted to our Chief Da'i then that reason is you."

He looked down before speaking again, "Not my brother nor my mother can steer me away from where my loyalties lie with the Batini but you are different. Please, listen to me and let me take you away from here, Aiyla."

"Take me where?! To your leader, so he can torture me?" She screamed at him.

"NEVER...I would never take you to them. I'll take you away from here, somewhere safe. If you remain here then the healer will suffer, they think you are her daughter, but now, I know that her actual daughter has passed away. They don't know that yet so that will be to our advantage. Our men told us the daughter was dead but our leader said that the daughter was still alive. Tonight, he ordered one of our men to take her. I followed him, something told me to follow him, I was happy to find you alive and I rushed to help you." He told Aiyla, while pointing at the dead man that he had saved her from earlier.

"Why should I trust you again? Last time, I ended up being labeled as a traitor and getting stabbed because of the stupid trust I had in you, Omer. My bad, I forgot that you weren't truthful with your name as well, it'll be a while until I get used to the new name."

"Let's go, it's for the best to go now before anyone comes along." Rüstem spoke quickly.

Aiyla was conflicted with trusting Rüstem again but she had grown to care a lot for Hazan Hatun, she didn't want to burden her, especially, because she was to the one who saved her and helped her all this time.

Aiyla grabbed a couple clothes and necessities in a small bag, "I'm doing this for the sake of the lady who saved me and took me under her wing. She considers me like her daughter, so I will leave if it means she won't suffer because of me. I don't want her to be forced to work with the people who killed her family just for my sake. Let's go, this is the last chance I'm giving you, Rüstem, don't ruin it."

Rüstem smiled, he genuinely wanted to protect her.