Chapter 25

He left the washroom to drain the water in the bathtub, while looking around he noticed Aiyla's clean clothes on a shelf and grabbed them.

"Here's the clean clothes you had in the washroom, I'm going to put them with your belongings." He told Aiyla, only to notice that her eyes were closed already.

He walked and opened one of the places where he had seen Aiyla take clothes from, as he found a place to put the clothes he found a small mirror shaped as a moon. Near it was a letter, he was tempted to open it up and read it but decided not to do that though from the corner of his eye he noticed something odd about it.

The handwriting was familiar.

He sighed looking at Aiyla. She was facing her back towards him with her many blankets around her.

He took the letter and opened it fully so he could figure out the sender of the letter.

Melik Tapar read it in his mind slowly, "Aiyla, you are moving on to a new chapter in life but this mirror will be here to remind you of the person you have grown up to be. Glance at the mirror, see your reflection. The reflection of a strong hatun who is patient, loyal, and brave. May Allah not bring you at a time where you are burdened with too much. I thought this would be something to use for encouragement. You better use it!"

It finally clicked, Sencer's handwriting.

He knew that Aiyla and Sencer both came from the same tribe and seemed to care about one another ever since they left the palace that day to get Elçin Hatun.

But he didn't think that Sencer cared enough to give her such gifts and write her letters, he thought that Sencer cared about Aiyla's safety because she was a daughter of his tribe and a hatun who needed to be protected at all times just like any other hatun in the tribe.

But, in his opinion, the tone of the letter seemed too playful to his liking.

The more he pondered with such thoughts the more he wanted to burn the letter and take away the moon shaped mirror.

Aiyla was his wife after all, even if nothing were to happen between them, Melik Tapar was just annoyed that Aiyla kept such things though she was married to him already.

He put everything back to its place and went to grab some clothes so he could wash up and change into them before sleeping.

When he returned, he made his sleeping place more bearable and finally tried to go to sleep.

After a bit of time had passed, Aiyla lifted her shoulders by using her elbows so her head could peak up towards him.

"Thank you, for saving a life that just wanted to be saved all along but was failing to express it." Aiyla spoke out honestly.

She felt she was getting more and more stupider as she remained in this palace.

She peaked at him from across the main bedroom but he didn't move much, so that made her lay her head back and try to drift to sleep as well.