Chapter 10

Gevher Hatun was waiting impatiently for her husband to come to their room.

The moment Melik Tapar entered their room she sprung towards him, "I have something to tell you." she said quickly to him.

He nodded slowly towards her signally for her to go on.

"I found the lady that you could marry."

Before he could cut her off, she continued, "You need a son. A son that will benefit you, you will get power in bringing your own heir to the royal family. You will given the title of Emir and InshaAllah eventually the title of Sultan." She smiled.

"I never saw a wife being content with having her husband marry another lady." He said quite annoyed.

"Forget about such things. A son is the thing that will benefit us." She said swiftly.

"You can give birth to a child, Gevher. Allah is with those who are patient. We can wait a bit more." He said sternly.

"No, I can't wait. We have been married for a good amount of time yet I have not been able to conceive even one child. Soon enough, Terken Hatun will get herself into my business and get a hatun from her side as an eligible wife." She scoffed off.

"Terken Hatun won't be able to do anything." He assured her.

"Aiyla Hatun is suitable in my opinion. She even saved you from getting hit by an arrow which ended up being a poisonous one. She will be able to give you the son that will help you up the chain of power." She paused a bit.

Gehver grabbed Tapar's hand before continuing, "We know the girl is not from Terken Hatun's side so we better use this to our advantage. Your grandmother seemed rather interested in her even though she hasn't actually talked to her yet. I want to become the main hatun in this palace and stop Terken Hatun from annoying me. So please consider this."

Melik Tapar sighed and finally gave in, "Tamam, I will think about this through the night."

Gehver nodded happily.

That night Melik Tapar barely slept thinking about Gehver's words.

He wanted to become a father but did not stress Gehver because it was not in her hands. Allah is the one who blesses, and he was willing to be patient.

Aiyla had something about her that had grabbed his attention from the first time he had seen her.

Though she was beautiful, there was something more about her, pulling him towards her like a magnet.

He had ignored his attraction towards Aiyla because it was not something he was able to pursue.

But here comes his wife, trying to convince him to take Aiyla as his wife.

Though, of course, Allah permitted in marrying four wives as long as you have valid reasons and remain equal with the treatment you give them.

He sighed, thinking about how even Aiyla has not awakened since her injury yet. But here they are making such plans concerning marriage.

Would she even agree, he wondered?