Chapter 41

Aiyla was on the balcony waiting for any news. She saw that it was best to ask the Sultan's vizier, Nizamülmülk. Aiyla walked out her room and went down to see him outside leaving the place where he stood in front of Terken Hatun and Emir Taculmulk.​

"Hace!" Aiyla called out to him. She didn't know what to do except try to grab his attention.

As he heard someone yell out, he turned around. He saw that it was Melik Tapar's wife, the one who had passed out when Sabbah came with the news about Melik Tapar.

He started walking towards her, "How can I help you?" He spoke calmly to her.

"I just want to know if any news has reached you. I know it's hard for you to juggle so much and for me to bother you right now but I couldn't remain in my room." Aiyla spoke in a panicked manner.

Nizamülmülk understood what she must be feeling right now. He felt bad because he didn't know much about what was happening as of now.

"Our Sultan must have reached Melik Tapar by now. Have faith that Allah will bring them back safely, InshAllah. Don't forget who your husband is, he will have duties that he will need to fulfil for the sake of the state." He tried explaining to her.

Aiyla had some visible tears forming in her eyes as she looked up at him, "Why must we give up our loved ones for the state? What good is the state if it loses its brave people? What's great about it if the people sacrificing for it remain in pain and guilt for the rest of their lives for the things they had to lose because of it?" Aiyla spoke up frustrated.

Nizamülmülk was looking into Aiyla's eyes as she threw more than one question at him. Her frustration was quite noticeable but he saw beyond that; he noticed the fear of giving up a loved one.

Her father had died because of his duties to the state and she dealt with the pain of not knowing him. Now, she wasn't ready to lose the person she had begun to love for the sake of the state. She knew that she was being selfish but couldn't help herself.

"For the sake of the state, we are obligated to put our interests after its well-being. This goes for everyone; even your own family is aware of the importance of maintaining our glorious state. Ask them and let them tell you what would happen to everyone if our state collapses, God Forbid. Every person must give up their interests for the sake of this state. Even a child will need to give up his dream for the safety of this state." He spoke straightforwardly.

Aiyla had been getting overly emotional, which was very odd.

She was mad. "I can't ask my family." Aiyla laughed.

"Since when does the dead answer our questions...Since when..." Aiyla kept laughing as she couldn't control herself.

Aiyla looked up at Nizamülmülk as her tears began falling down her face; she tried gasping for air as she grabbed her throat but was struggling.

She started falling as Nizamülmülk noticed the mess she appeared to be in; her eyes held so much pain as she fell into his arms.