Chapter 49

Aiyla was already awake and outside on the balcony, the birds were chirping which brought happiness to her.

Tapar came and stood beside her, he saw that Aiyla was smiling as her eyes were closed.
She seemed at peace.

The truth was that last night, Aiyla rested well because she felt a sense of safety with Tapar being on the other side of the bed. It was as if he would fight the nightmares and anything that would come to haunt her at night, she felt at ease to rest without fear for the first time in what seemed like forever.

Aiyla had sensed his presence, "We should head for breakfast."

"Yeah, let's get going." Tapar replied.

As they got to the dining area and sat down, Sultan Meliksah looked at Aiyla, "How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"Thanks to Allah, I am doing fine. Thank you for your concern, Sultanim." Aiyla replied.

The Sultan nodded as he smiled, he was happy to hear she was fine and he was grateful that Tapar was back home safely.

As they ate, Terken kept glancing at Aiyla.

Aiyla had sensed it and stopped eating as she grabbed her cup to take a drink, she threw a smile at Terken Hatun as she brought the cup to her lips.

Sultan Meliksah got up as he saw Seferiye Hatun approaching them with the help of her maid, "Mother." He spoke out.

"She wanted to see you, Sultanim." Her maid told him.

Everyone stood up quickly, Tapar rushed to his grandmother's side.

Aiyla was happy to see her up and walking again.

"My boy...My Tapar." Seferyie Hatun spoke to Melik Tapar as she patted his chest softly.

"Don't be upset with me. I wasn't being cruel." She spoke out to him.

"What are you talking about, Hatun Mother? Why would you be cruel to me?" Tapar questioned his grandmother.

Seferiye Hatun looked puzzled for an answer until she said, "Başulu..."

Aiyla froze in place, she then looked at Tapar knowing how severe this topic affects him.

"Başulu..." She spoke again as she walked past Tapar.

The entire room was in a mixture of confusion.

She walked closer to the Sultan as she told him " I heard something..tell me the truth. You are not seeing Başulu, are you?"

The Sultan seemed shocked as he finally spoke out, "You are not well mother. You must rest."
"Take my mother to her room." He ordered.

Seferiye looked back before she left.

"Sultanim, what does our Hatun Mother say? Did you..." Terken Hatun questioned.

"Is my mother still alive?" Tapar asked quickly.

Aiyla closed her eyes briefly, she couldn't believe what had occurred. Something was truly wrong with Seferiye Hatun, Aiyla wondered what made her remember Başulu Hatun after all these years.

"Don't you know my mother is sick? Why are you even asking such questions?" Sultan Meliksah spoke out tilting his head a bit to where Terken Hatun was, his emotions seemed unreadable.

"She is confused. She is talking about matters that have been closed for years." His Majesty said.

Well technically you weren't wrong Seferyie Hatun but was just very late...Like around 18 years late.

Aiyla imagined what would happen if they knew about Sencer. She looked at her Tapar, worried about him.

Sultan Meliksah walked out, as Tapar looked at him while he left.